Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a crz gt(6 speaker + woofer)and i need some advice for the Audio Wiring Diagram.
I am planing to change the oem radio unit with an after marker and i want some help to understood the wiring. I would like if its possible to keep the factory amplifier. Acording
to this diagram:
https://files.me.com/robertstern77/kymyuk
i need help to locate the powering wires of amplifier, the remote turn on and the +- wires for every speaker.

Diagram Technical drawing Parallel Plan

All suggestions are welcome

thank you very much!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just buy a harness that already figured this stuff out :p

i think i read somewhere that the Accord harness works... not sure how much that helps b/c u said u have a GT, so i'm assuming ur in the Euro market so i'm not sure what Accord that means for u haha...
I know what accord means! actualy i have already order this harness 2008 Honda Harness

come up with this wiring table:

* Yellow – 12V Constant
* Red – 12V Accessory
* Black - Ground
* Blue- Power Antenna
* Orange – Dash Light Dimmer/Illumination
* Green – Left Rear Speaker (+)
* Green with Black Stripe Left Rear Speaker (-)
* White – Left Front Speaker (+)
* White with Black Stripe – Left Front Speaker (-)
* Purple – Right Rear Speaker (+)
* Purple with Black Stripe – Right Rear Speaker (-)
* Gray – Right Front Speaker (+)
* Gray with Black Stripe – Right Front Speaker (-)

If not for GT what about the EX? EX also has amplifier and 7 speakers. Even for EX, can someone confirm that this table correspond to the car wiring?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope so. i am comfused coz in the diagram shown one unit called "sub amplifier". Has this to do with sub woofer?
http://www.crzforum.com/forum/attac...e-help-audio-wiring-diagram-crz-amplifier.jpg

i'm assuming that it's the same as my Civic was... the wires from the radio run into the amp and then out to the individual speakers... so one amp for all the speakers including the subwoofer...
i found this:

2007 Honda Civic Car Stereo Radio Wiring Diagram

Car Radio Constant 12v+ Wire: White
Car Radio Switched 12v+ Wire: Violet
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Red/Black
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Red
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: Gray
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: Light Blue
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: In front of the center console under the center of the dash.
Front Speakers Size: N/A
Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Pink
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Gray
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown
Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Orange

from here 2007 Honda Civic Car Stereo Radio Wiring Diagram

But not all color codes match. Most important to me right now is to find the remote on of amplifier.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Let me see if I can read this correctly and try and give a pin-out of the CR-Z "A" harness.

Radio A pinout

A01: Black - ground
A02: White - illumination (+)
A03: Pink - 12v constant
A04: Red - MICU
A05: Red - right front (+)
A06: Green - left front (+)
A07: none
A08: none
A09: Light Green - right rear (+)
A10: White - left rear (+)
A11: White - steering wheel control return
A12: Green - illumination (-)
A13: Blue - datalink
A14: none
A15: Yellow - right front (-)
A16: Pink - left front (-)
A17: none
A18: none
A19: Green - right rear (-)
A20: Orange - left rear (-)
A21: White - amp remote turn on
A22: Pink - steering wheel control send out
A23: Blue - ecm input for speed increased volume
A24: Purple - ignition/accessory

Please be advised that these should be correct but are NOT guaranteed to be 100% accurate. This is based on my knowledge of electrical engineering and many years of working with Honda stereos. As extra info, the USB interface plug plug E looks to be a cat5 type setup running out to the USB interface.

Amplifier A pinout

A01: White - 12v (+)
A02: White - remote
A03: Grey - left rear (+)
A04: Blue - right rear (+)
A05: none
A06: Red - sub (+)
A07: Light Blue - left tweeter (-)
A08: White - left front (+)
A09: Blue - right front (+)
A10: Blue - right tweeter (-)
A11: Black - ground
A12: none
A13: Brown - left rear (-)
A14: Orange - right rear (-)
A15: none
A16: Light Blue - sub (-)
A17: Grey - left tweeter (+)
A18: Grey - left front (-)
A19: Red - right front (-)
A20: Red - right tweeter (+)

Again these should be correct, however there is no polarity indication so I cannot validate their accuracy. Also note that the tweeters are reverse of what it looks like they should be, Honda and their tricky pole 1 and 2 scheme. That should help those wanting to do factory integration.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I see that there is subwoofer output but not subwoofer input on the factory amp. I'm trying to integrate factory amp to work with aftermarket stereo and be able to control the sub. Any one knows how stock radio is able to control subwoofer level if there isn't an subwoofer output cable going into a factory amp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just used this guys info and have installed my SPH-DA230DAB , after talking to a few mates on the Facebook forum, I purchased the OEM faceplate as it comes with the airbag light and hazard switch. The main problem I had on my 15 plate GT was finding how to remove the A pillar covers, this is because there are three clips, the middle and bottom pop out no problem, the top one nearest the roof if pretty well secure, will pop out so far. You then have to bend and mani the plastic to it folds out from the bottom and then slides out of the top clip, by sliding it towards the dashboard. fitting the DAB aerial to passenger side and securing it with(small) zip ties. I was able to use wire feed rod and ran it through from radio hole to left side pillar above the air vents and pulled the cable through. On the other side I ran my mic . I’m waiting on Tesla tape to wrap stuff up and still to fit the rear ND-BC8 camera. But so far so good, DAB works great, normal aerial (not amplified yet) still to connect blue wire. iPod connects fine via USB. And best of all, my volume and search buttons work on steering wheel.

·
Registered
2011 Cr-Z Ex NSBP
75 Posts
Here's a bit of info I recently received from Metra via email for my 2011 crz ex w/navi :

"The harness you will need is the 70-1730 but if you have a subwoofer that came factory in the car you will not need the included subwoofer plug as we have a note that the 2011-2012 vehicles got that signal from the front and rear channels of the car." So that explains how the subwoofer gets the signal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts