Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So I want some opinions on this. i work for a very large tech company, and some of my co-workers are trying to get me to pull a copy of the main control software out of the car, so that we can see if it can be improved/enhanced....

i am a little nervous to try this, but I am sure if its possible, we can pull it off.

Any thoughts?

· Registered
175 Posts
Download/upload the software should be the least problem. But how could they test modifications? Years ago I've been a professional programmer and I tell you: Do not give away your car for SW experiments.
In the best case, if the modifications don't work, you can reload the genuine SW, in the worst case you may damage/crash your motor/car/yourself.

· Registered
980 Posts
Should be interesting. There are usually no tuners for Hondas or Toyotas. Japan likes making it hard to break there codes.

A real tuner would make someone a lot of money. I would only pull it if they step up to the plate if something goes wrong.

· Registered
249 Posts
Should be interesting. There are usually no tuners for Hondas or Toyotas. Japan likes making it hard to break there codes.
Honda and Toyota- yes
All Japan- no

Nissan is way more receptive to this kind of modding
I have an '09 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X
It comes with this "feature" called WOT RES, that's wide open throttle restriction
From 0 to just under 40 even if you have the gas pedal mashed into the floor, the ECU will not give you 100% of the engine's power
I bought a Superchips CORTEX unit and in no time at all was able to cancel out the WOT RES, and wow, did it ever wake this thing up off the line

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.