Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and naturally, everyone on the road is dead on account of... what do you call it? "Weather?"

Also, a semi decided it didn't want to keep 100% of it's tires, and tossed a piece at me.

I just had my bumper fixed from the landslide on Christmas. I am having terrible luck.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man that sucks! I hope it can buff out. Those treads off those trucks can kill you.
No joke. I was thinking "good thing I wasn't on the Yamaha!"

Got a quote yesterday: $600 and 5 days to repair. Guess it's a good thing I just changed to AAA and lowered my comp deductible to $100 after the rockslide incident on Christmas.
Poor CR-Z is just a stupid fluke magnet so far. :(

· Premium Member
3,097 Posts
No joke. I was thinking "good thing I wasn't on the Yamaha!"

Got a quote yesterday: $600 and 5 days to repair. Guess it's a good thing I just changed to AAA and lowered my comp deductible to $100 after the rockslide incident on Christmas.
Poor CR-Z is just a stupid fluke magnet so far. :(
Mythbusters did a thing where they had made a mannequin out of ballistic gel with a, I believe with pig neck bone, and launched one of those tire treads at the equivalent of 40 MPH through the side window of a car door and not only go straight through the glass but took off the mannequins head!

· Premium Member
3,097 Posts
I hear about CA drivers & rain every so often.

Does rain come down so hard and fast on the west coasts it really interferes with driving?
No. There this natural phenomenon where when it rain peoples brains shut off.

We get so little rain fall the oil and dust collects on the roads and when we do get a rain the roads become slicker than cat snot on a brass door knob but people don't slow down or think.

When comparing east and west costs (I lived on both of them) the rain fall on the west coast is nothing compared to the east.

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
No. There this natural phenomenon where when it rain peoples brains shut off.
As a resident of the Seattle area I can confirm this..

When comparing east and west costs (I lived on both of them) the rain fall on the west coast is nothing compared to the east.
As someone who grew up in Florida, I can confirm this too.. lol.. the west coast rain (even on the beach side of the Olympics), is nothing like a good old fashioned southern thunderstorm. It can rain heavily but consistently here. On the east coast (really anywhere east of the Rockies) it can rain in a torrential downpour so hard it gives the same visibility effect as a whiteout snowstorm. That almost never happens out here.

Arguably the worst time for driving in Seattle is around September.. that's when the rainy season starts (our summers are normally pretty sunny and dry believe it or not). It tends to bring out all the slick roads and all the drivers that somehow magically forgot how to drive in rain in 3 months.

· Registered
314 Posts
I about went into a white-hot rage once driving through North Carolina on a motorcycle and got caught in a fairly heavy rain. There was an underpass up ahead and I was going to pull off the road under it to switch into my rain gear, only there were two cars pulled over under it. You know, because if you're too scared to drive in a little rain, then you certainly have to park your roofed vehicle under a bridge so it doesn't get any wetter.

Had to get off at the next exit and get under a motel's covered walkway to change.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.