Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if there is such a thing more specific to the CR-Z?

A buddy of mine bought a new Mustang GT. It has mirror-mounted LEDs that leave a silhouette of the mustang pony on the ground. It's completely stupid. And I love it. The only similar product I've been able to find are these puddle lights for inside the door.

Have you seen anything like these?

·
Red&Black
6,005 Posts
Thats pretty neat. Now if the horse started walking, trotting, cantering, and galloping with increasing speed that'd be really neat!

·
Registered
367 Posts
We don't have anything like the lights that display an image on the ground, but we do have regular puddle lights:

Mercedes Brabus VIP Underbody LED Puddle Light Kit (Spot Lighting)

Personally, I'm not a fan of these due to the way they are designed (makes it harder for you to install in a reliable way), but they still do a neat job when installed.

These would be wired into the existing door lights for the easiest power source to tap to.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup, that's another example of what they offer at that site I linked in the first post.

Oh, wait... Mr. Moderator... please allow me to link that for you. :p Scroll down on the page and you'll see a display of all the examples they've done already. There are two variations on the Honda symbol and a bunch of other brand logos.

I emailed them about doing a custom image. They told me to call and speak to the head honcho. Just haven't gotten around to it. I, too, suffer from lazy.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice. And cheap, too.

I called the other guys and asked about a custom image. They are happy to do this, but the fact that my image is asymmetrical causes a minor problem. I was thinking I would spoof the mustang pony with something like this.

Only problem is that it won't face the proper direction on both sides of the car. We talked for a while about various options, but ultimately I would have to buy two sets. One set facing left and the other facing right. That makes it rather expensive, assuming I want it done right.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nice. And cheap, too.

I called the other guys and asked about a custom image. They are happy to do this, but the fact that my image is asymmetrical causes a minor problem. I was thinking I would spoof the mustang pony with something like this.

Only problem is that it won't face the proper direction on both sides of the car. We talked for a while about various options, but ultimately I would have to buy two sets. One set facing left and the other facing right. That makes it rather expensive, assuming I want it done right.
Is that a badger? :huh:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts