Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yea this is normal, at least for me. Any time my battery has been disconnected, the charge indicator begins at 0 and then charges apparently very quickly. I think it's just taking time to calibrate itself and learn how much charge is actually present.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That's what the guys at the service said. Anyway, I asked them to take it for a drive in order to recharge the battery. I will see it tomorrow

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
about the smell, I know a guy that had this unpleasant experience with his 2006 hybrid Civic, 230.000+ km, that remained without battery right during a turn of road, and it could not do anything to start the car again. He said that before this happened they could smell something like electric wall socket burning, coming from the battery compartment in the hatch. I wonder if something similar could happen to my car...

·
Super Moderator
4,640 Posts
Which battery was disconnected the IMA or the Under Hood or both? The "bars" only show charge for the IMA ( hybrid) battery. If the Under hood was disconnected then the IMA battery gauge will not read right till the car is run. If the IMA was turned off and the under hood was disconnected then nothing will have stored states of anything.

Sounds like normal readings based on the Under hood being disconnected for repair and or the IMA being turned off ( probably not)

Hello, guys. Long time no posting... So I had this accident and took my car to Honda service for repairing. Because they could not finalize the repairing before a month, because of shipping of some parts, and because I had to leave the city for another month, tonight I still wait for taking it out tomorrow, after almost 2 months. I told them about the problem with the smell but I don't have much hope as they don't have specialized personnel on electric parts. Before I left a month ago I payed them a visit and charged a battery for a little. The charging scale was with no lines, and I started the engine and revved it in N for a while. After a while, the first line appeared one, but afterward it reached 8 lines very fast. The battery was disconnected during the repair process, as the radio asked for unlock code. I don't know if it is a normal behaviour of the charging scale, given the circumstances. Do you have any informed thoughts on this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I don’t know for sure. But I guess it was the under hood battery disconnected, as I remember. I will check tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I took the car from the service, IMA seems fine, indicators as they used to be.

Freezing temperatures here, checking the coolant level, I discovered that the white basin located in the back of the radiator is empty! Is it normal? I wonder for how long did I drive like this... I never checked it. At other cars, usually the reservoir was somewere in the right, visible...

·
Super Moderator
4,640 Posts
I took the car from the service, IMA seems fine, indicators as they used to be.

Freezing temperatures here, checking the coolant level, I discovered that the white basin located in the back of the radiator is empty! Is it normal? I wonder for how long did I drive like this... I never checked it. At other cars, usually the reservoir was somewere in the right, visible...
It has 2 lines molded into the plastic hot and cold level in recovery tank after driving should be at hot line. If empty check that the hose is attached from near cap and that cap is tight.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I will check it tomorrow to let the engine cool down overnight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So, the level of coolant in the radiator is good, but the expansion reservoir is on minimum. I read in the service manual but I don’t remember what should be the level with a cold engine

·
Super Moderator
4,640 Posts
There is a line marked COLD( minimum if that is line then that is fine) I believe [Or get car fully to temp and fill the expansion bottle to HOT line). QUOTE="ben.iamin, post: 1386828, member: 74214"]
So, the level of coolant in the radiator is good, but the expansion reservoir is on minimum. I read in the service manual but I don’t remember what should be the level with a cold engine
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
When I get to the dealership, which is in another city, I will have them do it. Honda is pretty rare here. I cannot find Honda coolant in shops.

·
Super Moderator
4,640 Posts
I do not believe Honda Coolant is that special there are I believe 3 kinds of coolant. But I am not sure i have not had to add any. do some research online or I am sure another member here has the specifications.

When I get to the dealership, which is in another city, I will have them do it. Honda is pretty rare here. I cannot find Honda coolant in shops.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I am not good at these engineering stuff, so I prefer to go with the OEM stuff... I read a bit about coolants but I don’t trust my understanding regarding parameters and chemicals.

·
Super Moderator
4,640 Posts
If there is coolant in the bottle and it is at minimum when cold and level changes when hot it has enough and is working properly. The purpose of the bottle is to ensure the radiator stays full. If it is when cold and there is coolant in bottle then you are worrying for no reason.
I originally thought bottle was disconnected and there was no coolant in bottle.
As that is not the case there is no reason for the long trip and expense of a dealer visit.😀

21 - 37 of 37 Posts