Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I was at a stop sign and a jeep slightly hit the rear bumper and dented the metal of the hatch. Going today to get an estimate.
I know 330K+ miles, doesn't make the value very high. Has me wondering if the cost of a rear bumper cover, and repairing the hatch and then the prep and painting of the pearl white is going to be worth the while to the insurance company. Guess ill find out soon enough.
At the moment the rear camera is facing the ground have to back up the old way lol.

· Premium Member
9,037 Posts
If your body shop can source used parts in the right color, it may not be as expensive as you think. Don't use your insurance companies shop, work with a shop you know and have a relationship with. The other person's insurance should be 100% responsible, and hopefully the 2 insurance companies will work out a reasonable repair plan without totaling it. But due to mileage and rarity of parts, it maybe a total.

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well estimate Friday was about 2500, so they plan on repairing it, there was a new rear bumper cover in OKC, hatch is just repair not replace (it was more like a dent on it) then prep and paint both parts, new badges, and probably the camera bracket.
Also they said It only reached 35%, and 75% is the total threshold (this because of the used car value now?)

· This space deliberately left blank
2,516 Posts
Well estimate Friday was about 2500, so they plan on repairing it, there was a new rear bumper cover in OKC, hatch is just repair not replace (it was more like a dent on it) then prep and paint both parts, new badges, and probably the camera bracket.
Also they said It only reached 35%, and 75% is the total threshold (this because of the used car value now?)
I'm glad I was wrong, and that you're getting your car fixed!

so 2500 is only 35% of the value of a 2013 white CRZ EX with high mileage and a CVT? makes the assessed value about $7k... Suck on that, all those lowballers from when I was trying to sell mine :LOL:

@tikeybun maybe this bodes well for you! (fingers crossed)

· Modified 2016
1,488 Posts
I'm glad I was wrong, and that you're getting your car fixed!

so 2500 is only 35% of the value of a 2013 white CRZ EX with high mileage and a CVT? makes the assessed value about $7k... Suck on that, all those lowballers from when I was trying to sell mine :LOL:

@tikeybun maybe this bodes well for you! (fingers crossed)
Sadly the fact that the airbags on the passanger side deployed means very likely the car will be a total loss. If insurance ends up agreeing to fix the car Ill be excited.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts