Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had aftermarket head unit and Sirius in my previous car which I removed before trading, I wanted to put the Sirius module in my CRZ, but Honda uses XM. I found iSimple modules which converts your factory XM unit to Sirius. I installed it, easy to install, and now I have a second iPod connector and my Sirius. It plays through the AUX button and displays as XM1 and XM2, then shows SIRIUS, I now have my favorite Sirius channels set on presets. The iSimple website says it is not compatible with the CRZ, as it has not been tested, but says it does work with the Civic models which are XM compatible. Since both the Civic and the CRZ access the Sat mode by using the AUX button, and the XM module from Honda is the same I decided to give it a try. It works great.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this what you have? iSimple Factory iPod & SIRIUS Integration for Honda/Acura Vehicles | TSS-Radio

Where did you put the satellite antenna?
Yes that's the one I bought, as for the antenna, it's just sitting on the dash, right hand side. I followed the instructions for adding the XM module, put the iSimple and the Sirius module behind the radio with double sided tape. Ran the antenna through the dash behind the vents (above glove box) and came out by the pillow and onto the dash.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As to why I wanted to stick to Sirius instead of XM, I know they are the same company, but I had a lifetime subscription to the SCC1 Sirius module that I used, It could not be transferred to XM.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
but I had a lifetime subscription to the SCC1 Sirius module that I used, It could not be transferred to XM.

Thats BS, if XM and serius are the same company now, we should be able to transfer accounts from one product to the other. But i still just ran my removable transmitter, was thinkin of getting a seius module for the radio and have honda install it for me but then thats more money to spend.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Just a heads up -- I was a happy xm user for years -- I tried to cancel one of my two subscriptions and it turned into a nightmare. Google problems canceling XM/Sirius. I ended up getting my bank involved, cancelled both accounts and will never return.
thanks for that. i had XM in the TSX but i bought a subscription and didnt renew it because i was trading it in. it ended a few weeks before i traded the car in so i didnt have to worry about it...

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
found out that you CANT transfer accounts from xm to sirius or from sirius to xm you can only add the other to your account which means more money to pay. But the iphone now has an app to allow sirius to play through it so theres always go that route.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I am installing it now, does your ipod play? My iphone will charge, but I can't play music. I don't really care, since I don't use it for that anyway, but just wondering if it should.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I plugged everything in, got a satellite signal and activated it, then when I routed the wires to their final places and put everything back together, it no longer worked. I've tried resetting all the connections and I can't get it to do anything :( The guy at TSS said disconnect it for 15 minutes to reset it, then plug everything back in. I am doubtful, but 5 minutes into the disconnect at this point.

·
Registered
261 Posts
figured it out, operator error. I just started pushing some of the other buttons at random, and found out how to switch between ipod and sirius and they both work. Now if I just knew what I did. I think it was a combo of pushing the center of the volume knob and hitting tune up at the same time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.