• No

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Change it

Votes: 7 15.9%
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Interesting. I've always thought it stood for Car of the Month and Car of the Year.

Honestly, I think there isn't enough active members online. The other thread is about a guy that wants to buy a CR-Z and it's a billion pages long. It's like fresh meat and water found in the desert. Nothing to comment on except his thread, which will probably end as the best trolling buyer thread ever. He's talking about doing all of this and all of that, which costs thousands of dollars. Yet, a moon roof is the deal breaker.

I think there needs to be some changes to COTM/COTY. Not sure what would entice others to join, including myself. Just never really interested me enough to join in on the fun.

·
Deputy Forum Librarian
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm checking with the powers that be if we could do something like this. There are lots of forums that have these avatars (I know, I know, we still need to get the regular avatar postings fixed). LoL!

With this members will be acknowledged that they have been COTM/COTY winners.
At least the regular avatar issue has been fixed! Yay!!! :grin2:

Still checking with the other admins and mods regarding this additional avatar. :)

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
I vote yes also with changing back to 6. Anybody else have an opinion on this?
So, 6 entries, or the 10th of the Month, whichever occurs first.... Yep.

·
Deputy Forum Librarian
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
If we make it through this lull and somehow have a resurgence of members and entries, we should revisit the 8. But I'm definitely fine with 6 entries by the 10th, since then people have about 3 weeks to vote.
Yes definitely. I'm just happy that I'm reading post after post here today. It's been a bit busy forum today. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
8,792 Posts
I am disappointed but do understand. 17 voters out of the mass of members we have says it all.:frown2:

It was one of my favorite parts of this forum. I wonder what else will go away with the lack of participation here?

I tried my hardest to encourage everyone to participate.:crying:

I take this as a personal failure>:)

Hi all!

The mods and administrative have decided not to do COTM or COTY for 2017 due to the lack of participation. If you still want to have COTM, please let us know or post your opinion here.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I am disappointed but do understand. 17 voters out of the mass of members we have says it all.:frown2:

It was one of my favorite parts of this forum. I wonder what else will go away with the lack of participation here?

I tried my hardest to encourage everyone to participate.:crying:

I take this as a personal failure>:)
Facebook is largely responsible for the ever declining participation in internet forums. Even though forums are highly specific they are also one of the best places for the concentration and sharing of information specific to one's interest and as specific as they are individually there is a forum for everything.

Facebook might be a convenient aggregate of many things to a user but is a master of nothing except advertising and gathering information on the user to utilize for company profits. On a forum you are a member. On Facebook you are a product. Despite all the information and studies showing the negative aspects and impacts of Facebook people don't want to stop using it. Insecure "FOMO" syndrome, addiction or whatever. Unfortunately internet forums days might already be numbered.

I too am sad to see COTM/Y go. I always wanted to enter but the competition was always uphill against the more modified entries however I always tried to vote when I saw it was open to voting. Hopefully I'm just being overly pessimistic and the loss of forum participation across the internet stabilizes before everyone submits to and becomes a prisoner of FB.

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
COTM e-mails showed up in my e-mail inBox for a year or so after I became a member of the forum--while still being a non-posting member--and I always liked the things the winners were doing to their CR-Zs. Not long after I started posting, it seemed like everyone left for facebook--or where ever.

I've spent some time on facebook recently, but I really don't get it. I much prefer the format of the forum and try to direct them over here because there's more information for them (to answer their specific questions,) but it's more of a format for people who don't want to spend too much time on a single, coherent sentence, let alone putting two or three of them together, so it always leads me back here to the crzforum. I think some of them actually have their own picture or car of the month, but I haven't even noticed or bothered to looking into it, since the format it too fleeting--you skip a day, and good luck finding that little chunk of gold you wanted to read or comment on--too late, it's sooooooo yesterday.

If no one wants to vote for car of the month, then what's the point in having it? Let's see if next December, we can have a COTY contest anyway. Might have to think about the rules for that one, though.

·
Deputy Forum Librarian
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Thank you guys for your input. Truly appreciate them.

I'm hoping that someday, people will be coming back to the forum looking for a CRZ coz they miss the one they sold. Hahaha!

I did just have an idea based on your comments. I would have to check with the other mods. How about COTM on the forum's Facebook page? We could combine the votes from each format. There is a poll option on Facebook. But with this, it defeats the purpose of the forum.

·
Deputy Forum Librarian
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I know some members have given up on the forum because of the password or logging in issues. I have to experiment, but I know us mods and admins can reset passwords. I might announce that with the COTY. Maybe we'll get more people here.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I much prefer the format of the forum and try to direct them over here because there's more information for them (to answer their specific questions,) but it's more of a format for people who don't want to spend too much time on a single, coherent sentence, let alone putting two or three of them together, so it always leads me back here to the crzforum.
:rotfl: That is a perfect summary right there. Same with the 140 character limit on twitter, leads to everyone looking lazy because they can't be bothered to fully spell out words. Its all made up acronyms. Throw a pound sign in front of everything.

I did just have an idea based on your comments. I would have to check with the other mods. How about COTM on the forum's Facebook page? We could combine the votes from each format. There is a poll option on Facebook. But with this, it defeats the purpose of the forum.
Yeah that would likely further help defeat the purpose of the forum. Best option might be what Litz is doing with the directs back to the forum.

What are the password issues? The problem months ago when we all had to reset?

·
Deputy Forum Librarian
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Yeah that would likely further help defeat the purpose of the forum. Best option might be what Litz is doing with the directs back to the forum.

What are the password issues? The problem months ago when we all had to reset?
Yeah, if I respond to anything on FB and the answer is from the forum, I do post the link.

Yeah, there are a lot of people giving up on the forum because they couldn't figure out how to log in.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.