• No

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Change it

Votes: 7 15.9%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,288 Posts
Oh, but all the mods are over on face book, so they don't even know there's a COTM going on here -- Monthly.:grin2:

But really, I'm not sure what to change about it--to make it more inviting, or more interesting--but it's more of a thing for me to post up my CRZ to get the ball rolling because I'd like to see some more entries (and more chatter back and forth.) I had the most fun last year when I walked away with LOTM, and seeing the big guys getting into a two or three way tie up front. I'm going to post up this month, and hope some others will too--I just have to get some pictures of the same old Speed of White, LOL--well, I do have my new gauge pods to show off, you know.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
6,288 Posts
I thought you already won this year. :dunno:
LOL! Did I? I think that guy with the tricked out dip job got the honors!:grin2:

·
Premium Member
6,288 Posts
Any body else have an opinion on this topic?
I haven't checked yet, but this poll probably has the same amount of votes as the COTM poll, so far. Maybe it's just a case of promotion--to get more people involved. How about a year's premium membership for Monthly winner(s) and Lifetime Premium for Car of the year winner(s)?

·
Premium Member
6,288 Posts
I have told as many newbies as possible once they hit 5 postings they can vote and participate. I am not sure what else I can do other than steal a camera and make The Speed Bump sit for photos!
I'm going to LI to look you up and take some pics of that GEO Metro you call the speed bump!>:)

:worthless:

·
Premium Member
6,288 Posts
Scotty (RIP) used to engrave cheap trophies and send them out. The avatar thing would be cool if we could get it to work. The membership upgrade would also be cool, but that's totally up to Autoguide because that's worth money I think
So, you're elected, Holly--got my vote--to continue Scotty's work. Maybe instead of a trophy, frame the pic of the posted car of the month picture that won with "CR-Z forum January COTM Winner" added to the pic, or something like that. Maybe even start a paypal for donations to a fund to help cover costs....

·
Premium Member
6,288 Posts
I vote yes also with changing back to 6. Anybody else have an opinion on this?
So, 6 entries, or the 10th of the Month, whichever occurs first.... Yep.

·
Premium Member
6,288 Posts
COTM e-mails showed up in my e-mail inBox for a year or so after I became a member of the forum--while still being a non-posting member--and I always liked the things the winners were doing to their CR-Zs. Not long after I started posting, it seemed like everyone left for facebook--or where ever.

I've spent some time on facebook recently, but I really don't get it. I much prefer the format of the forum and try to direct them over here because there's more information for them (to answer their specific questions,) but it's more of a format for people who don't want to spend too much time on a single, coherent sentence, let alone putting two or three of them together, so it always leads me back here to the crzforum. I think some of them actually have their own picture or car of the month, but I haven't even noticed or bothered to looking into it, since the format it too fleeting--you skip a day, and good luck finding that little chunk of gold you wanted to read or comment on--too late, it's sooooooo yesterday.

If no one wants to vote for car of the month, then what's the point in having it? Let's see if next December, we can have a COTY contest anyway. Might have to think about the rules for that one, though.

·
Premium Member
6,288 Posts
I've got my computer in the garage while I'm out there tinkering, and it's usually set to crzforum.com while the iPod is playing tunes. The COTM winners pics lured me to this site again and again before I got brave enough to actually post something, so I feel/felt it was a good avenue to promote the forum, and that's how you get new blood infused into these pages. I didn't think my car was worthy of COTM, but I just started entering with the big guys just to fill up the lineup--eventually, it was rewarding to find out that people voted for my car because they really liked something about it (Like @CRyoZ's plasti-dipped CR-Z, each one has their owner's touch, and COTM is a good vehicle to say "Nice job, man," no matter how many others actually place a vote.)

I also have a 1st Gen Insight and go over to insightcentral.net, and I'm amazed that it's a busier forum than this one even noting that the 1st Gen didn't have much more of a production run/lifespan than the CR-Z. They have a core group that is totally devoted to the Insight, and the way I figure it, the CR-Z (forum) will be even more valuable as time goes on, just for the fact that people will see that the car has been discontinued before most of them realized it was even in production (with used ones becoming available for a good price.) On the otherhand, insightcentral.net does not have a COTM contest that I'm aware of, but that hasn't abated membership one iota.

·
Premium Member
6,288 Posts
This happened to my boyfriend, and he had a hell of a time trying to log back on after a hiatus. It seemed that because he didn't change his password, or whatever the email said to do, within a certain time period that it locked him out. It took some work but he has his account back. I don't think most people would go thru that hassle.
Curious thing, though, is that we have six more "Yes" votes on this poll than the total of votes for December's COTM, but it's been mostly around 20 total votes and something like three entries per month--ghee-whiz!

·
Premium Member
6,288 Posts
Maybe I stead of monthly you should do it quarterly and yearly. I think that way there would be a build up to the event.
I put my car up for COTM, and accidentally win sometimes--but I'm just trying to get more (different) people to post up--needing a variety of CR-Zs in the mix. There's great ones out there, and I'd like to see COTM continue because I'd like to see them promoted, but the only votes that count are not in this poll--they're voting "yes" by posting your pics when the contest gets started for the month.:wink2:

I was going to say, you also get a "Winner" icon for your signature, but for some reason, mine disappeared recently.>:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.