• No

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Change it

Votes: 7 15.9%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I am disappointed but do understand. 17 voters out of the mass of members we have says it all.:frown2:

It was one of my favorite parts of this forum. I wonder what else will go away with the lack of participation here?

I tried my hardest to encourage everyone to participate.:crying:

I take this as a personal failure>:)
Facebook is largely responsible for the ever declining participation in internet forums. Even though forums are highly specific they are also one of the best places for the concentration and sharing of information specific to one's interest and as specific as they are individually there is a forum for everything.

Facebook might be a convenient aggregate of many things to a user but is a master of nothing except advertising and gathering information on the user to utilize for company profits. On a forum you are a member. On Facebook you are a product. Despite all the information and studies showing the negative aspects and impacts of Facebook people don't want to stop using it. Insecure "FOMO" syndrome, addiction or whatever. Unfortunately internet forums days might already be numbered.

I too am sad to see COTM/Y go. I always wanted to enter but the competition was always uphill against the more modified entries however I always tried to vote when I saw it was open to voting. Hopefully I'm just being overly pessimistic and the loss of forum participation across the internet stabilizes before everyone submits to and becomes a prisoner of FB.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I much prefer the format of the forum and try to direct them over here because there's more information for them (to answer their specific questions,) but it's more of a format for people who don't want to spend too much time on a single, coherent sentence, let alone putting two or three of them together, so it always leads me back here to the crzforum.
:rotfl: That is a perfect summary right there. Same with the 140 character limit on twitter, leads to everyone looking lazy because they can't be bothered to fully spell out words. Its all made up acronyms. Throw a pound sign in front of everything.

I did just have an idea based on your comments. I would have to check with the other mods. How about COTM on the forum's Facebook page? We could combine the votes from each format. There is a poll option on Facebook. But with this, it defeats the purpose of the forum.
Yeah that would likely further help defeat the purpose of the forum. Best option might be what Litz is doing with the directs back to the forum.

What are the password issues? The problem months ago when we all had to reset?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Yeah, there are a lot of people giving up on the forum because they couldn't figure out how to log in.
Thats really sad. Weren't there plenty of posts and notifications about it. A password reset would be required (or at least the smart thing to do) anywhere after a breach and no place not facebook, gmail, flickr/yahoo, twitter, sony, target or any government, company or place online is impervious.

Maybe FB will get it next, they won't be able to log in, will be too lazy to password change then and return en-masse to the forums.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I don't think that the everything has been done/nothing new concept has much to do with it. Honda-Tech is in the same state, still around but significantly decreased participation.

Honda-Tech was the largest Honda forum on the internet and even though just about everything had been done dozens of times over more than a decade (H-swaps, J-swaps, Honda engines in other vehicles, twin engines, mid engine RWD conversion, true mechanical AWD, front clip swaps, re-sleeved engines, frankenstein engine builds, stitch-welded unibodies, 600hp daily drivers) and half the vehicles were actually older than the owners were, it was still lively with an abundance of new content in every sub forum every day. The slow decline of internet forums, all internet forums not just CR-Zforum, has to do with the changing of the internet and increase and takeover of 'social'-media.

Even if nothing new was done modification wise (and we've only barely begun to see what can be done with the CR-Z as the most extensive vehicle modding is always done with less expensive used models and not on brand new purchased vehicles like the CR-Z) the place is still useful for the continued sharing of new information regarding longevity, problems, increasing maintenance, repairs and so on. But the CR-Z modding has only just begun.

Look at one of the most modified vehicles ever, 1992-2001 Honda Civic. They weren't extensively modded when new and only really hit their peak after discontinuation (like 10 years after discontinuation). Its the case with many vehicles. It only makes sense to go wild after the warranties are up and the vehicle isn't worth as much. Smart people aren't going to extensively or irreversibly modify leased or financed vehicles either.

A significant number of former CR-Z owners also purchased this car right before making a family so we will see new younger owners as the prices drop after selling and older prospective owners post sending kids to college and looking for a smaller more fun automobile.

Another worth mentioning is we could see a significant increase in CR-Z desirability with an increase in oil and gasoline prices, which on a long enough timeline is inevitable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.