Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doubting that any ricer kids would want to steal the stock 16 inch EX rims...

...or would they?

· Registered
99 Posts
All it takes is two cinderblocks and a jack to steal 4 wheels off a car.

With today's battery powered tools, it can be done in less than two minutes leaving your car balanced on the two cinderblocks.

Then you got to come up with $1400 - $2000 to get your car running again.

CR-z wheels fit on Civics that have steel wheels ...

Do the math ...

We live in a chitty world where there is no respect for another persons property.

· Registered
672 Posts
depends where you park your car. if you park most of the time in your garage then it should be fine. but if you live in a complex with tenants or street park for a long period of time, then you should get wheel locks asap.

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
depends where you park your car. if you park most of the time in your garage then it should be fine. but if you live in a complex with tenants or street park for a long period of time, then you should get wheel locks asap.
Normally I don't think I would worry too much but, yes depends on where you park you car.. If I remember right, a lot of meth around. Probably more at risk for that type of demographic than a eh Ricer....

If you feel at risk. 40 bucks or so for locks is an easy decision...

· Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'm convinced I guess. They don't cost much.

· Registered
666 Posts
Don't forget... MOST OEM wheels locks are made by McGuard. The stealership probably gets 30% above any auto parts store for them.

· Registered
92 Posts
Wheel locks are available in most fitments are an inexpensive way of securing your new wheels. Plus, keeping your wheels from getting nabbed will save you the long walk home. We offer the McGard Lock's at Tire Rack which for most fitments runs at $21.95 per set.

Wheels
McGard Locks

Chase

· Registered
1,198 Posts
I just found the non-locking lug nuts from my Element, wish I had taken the wheel locks off before I traded it. Even if they didn't work on the CR-Z at least I could have sold them on the Element Owners Forum.
they would have worked on your cr-z....

honda locks are all the same...

· Registered
249 Posts
The irony is, wheel locks cannot prevent wheels from being stolen
Believing wheels locks make you safe is a misguided belief
Almost every garage has the universal removal tool, so that means thieves can get them too
This tool slides over the wheel lock, it's a very slow gradual taper, a whack with a hammer tightens it onto the lock, then just attach a wrench to the tool and bingo, the lock is loose and removed
The universal too actually connects to the wheel lock like a chuck is locked into a lathe, the taper is so fine the whack of a hammer binds it on tighter than tight

If buying wheel locks gives you piece of mind, go for it, but the reality is, if someone really wants yur wheels, they can get them, even if you have locks

Universal Removal tool - just one example, as close as your local Sears store
Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Wheel locks can be defeated so very easily, calling them a lock is kind of a silly thing...

· Registered
134 Posts
they would have worked on your cr-z....

honda locks are all the same...
:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Well, at least I have the Gorrila locks off my old Toyota PU before I sold that. AND at least I got the JDM Made in USA emblem off of the Element, I could sell that alone for the cost of wheel locks.

Several years ago there was a crew in Portland, OR that didn't bother with cinder blocks, they would just drop your car on the ground. :cry:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.