Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please - no posting "just wear your seatbelt" in response to this.

Has anyone asked their dealer about disabling the seatbelt warning chime? I'm going to find out this week, but was curious if anyone has looked into this. Not interested in cutting wires or buying another seatbelt buckle. I assume the warning can be disabled via the car's OBD port.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
You replacing the seat, or just annoyed with the sound? Unplugging the pressure sensor in the seat will probably do the trick, but won't that also mess with the side airbag in the seat?

If this is just so you can drive without wearing the seatbelt though... :rolleyes:
I've been in one head-on collision without a seatbelt, and I'm in no hurry to try that again. The Z is a safe car and they have gone to quite some length to make it that way. Not wearing the seatbelt kinda nullifies that, and it doesn't make you hardcore or cool.

Oh dear, that just made me feel very old...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Unplugging the pressure sensor in the seat will probably do the trick, but won't that also mess with the side airbag in the seat?
I wear my seatbelt all the time, no question. But the sound is anoying!
I don't think that unplugging the connector has an effect on the airbag. Would make no sence to disable the sidebag on the driver side. furthermore at the TÜV Check (we have to to it here all two years. Car is checked if everything is streetlegal brakes, rust, errors, polution aso aso) it would have reportet an error if an airbag is out of function - but it didn't.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I agree that unplugging a component of the system may result in disabling critical system elements (such as an airbag). If I learn anything about the dealer's process for disabling the sound, I'll pass it along.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have to go in the car (and out) for about 30 times a day.
It's a Diesel so you have to pre glow. Open the door, sit down, put in the key - DING DING DING, take the belt, DING DING DING, check if no gear is in, DING DING DING....anoying.

The first thing you have to do after open the door and take a seat is to fasten the seatbelt. But this is not the way Im starting a car. In the last 20 years fastening the seat belt is a self act after checking gear, brake, handbrake and starting. I'll NOT change my habits for thisd car!

Btw - It's a Honda feature. No other car bothers you before the car rolls at a certain speed (6mph i think). So you can park wihtout beeing nerved by a stupid sound.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm interested in this for the passenger seat. One of my dogs rides with me a lot and he's big enough to turn the lights on. I've only heard it ding once or twice, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.