Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering. How wet could the seat get before it would be a problem for the sensors and heater in the seat?

Why do I ask this? Well... my kitty got scared, while sitting in the passenger seat. Apparently he drinks plenty of water for his size. :rolleyes:

So my solution was to take the seat out of the car and throw it in the shower and wash it with disinfectant soap to get rid of the smell. The seat is clean and smells faintly of flowers (or whatever the soap is ment to smell like). I was careful not to get the back wet, where the air bag is.

Will I have a problem with the electronics in the seat though?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
let the seat dry 110% and your electronics will be fine, unless they were damaged while they were "hot". If they were working ok when you pulled the seat, they should be fine as long as there is no more moisture when you plug them back in.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the temperatures we've been having I haven't run the heat elements for some time, so I guess I'm only worried about the pressure sensor. Left the seat inside a dry room with heated floors to dry off. Will leave it there for a few days I guess, and it should be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.