Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday on my way from my home to Sacramento on the I-5 north just north of the 152 interchange I saw my first CR-Z. When I was coming up on it it looked like an Insight but some how a little different. As I went to pass it, it was clear it was the CR-Z. It was red and very sleek looking, a very nice looking car! I started yelling to my wife, "There it is, the CR-Z!".

The only camera I had was my cell phone but I didn't think it would be wise to fish it out of my pocket and try to take pictures doing 85 MPH!:blush::woowoo::eek:mg::scared:

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you notice if it had license plates?? Assume it was a dealer car or maybe a test car?
No, I wish I had. I really thought it was an Insight when I came up on it and I didn't realize it was a CR-Z until I started to get along side it and got a side profile view and driving 85 + keeping my eye on the road and other traffic I didn't see the plate. It was red and sleek but was dirty too:scared:, he was doing about, maybe 60 MPH also. Maybe he was using/ testing ECON mode:confused:.

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I went by my dealer today. They had 2 CR-Z's. Both EX's with CVT. The black one was non Navi but the SILVER had Navi. I must say I really, REALLY like the silver now that I have seen it in person. Of coarse the salesman came out and started talking to me about it and opened it up and turned the dash on and all I can say is WOW, HOLY S%$#T! That is the most fantastic display I have ever seen in any vehicle! I'm going to date myself right now, but it reminded me of movie and video arcade game TRON from the 80's. I was spell bound. As I looked around the cabin the interior is exquizit and looks very futuristic, clean and comfortable (here is where I start thinking of the light cycles). As a lifetime long, die hard MINI/ Mini fan and enthusiast, the Honda CR-Z's interior spanks the ever living crap out of MINI. The exterior is very nice but there was one thing that stood out that I kinda don't like. That is the strange little bump that protrudes from the head light lens. The Accord does this too. To me it interrupts the body lines but it is not irritating enough from me liking the car. The sales guy started rattling off facts a figures in which I cut him off and finished his sentence. The fun was when he started telling me about the EPA numbers and I asked him, "You do know thats in normal mode right? And in "ECO" mode it is more like 40 - 45 MPG's".
His reply was, "Ah no, but it is obvious you have done some research."
He wanted to know if I wanted to take a test drive and I told him "No, not until you get a stick in.". He then pointed to the Fit next to me and said "Well this is a standard." I gave him the "Are you crazy?" look and which he said, "A Cr-Z is what you want, though."
He proceeded to tell me that they got one standard in and it was gone in less than a day and he has two on back orders for standard. Then he said the dealers down in L.A. are charging a mark up and I told him flat out I will not pay mark up no matter what car it is. I don't know if he is full of it to get a sale or if he is telling the truth.

Tomorrow I am taking the wife down to look at it while we get the oil changed in the Civic. I just have to get the Missus on board now:thumbsup::eek:mg:

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
By today's standards, the CG and special effects where very hokie but it was done back in the day when CG wasn't even really born yet and it was the shizznizzle my nizzle at that time. I believe it was all done in DOS to give you an idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.