Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's rare enough to see another CR-Z on the road, let alone two of them! Both were spotted near the UCF Main Campus in Orlando, where I see them often. One in Gemini Blvd, the other in Alafaya Trail

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror Tire Wheel

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Sadly, they don't seem to be in the best of conditions.

·
Registered
394 Posts
This reminds me of the day that I saw 3 different CR-Zs. At the time, I was waiting for my CR-Z to arrive (import from Germany). So I was extremely excited to see 3 of them.

The CR-Z is very rare in the Netherlands though. I have probably seen about 10 of them in more than a year time (including the 3 stated above).

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I almost never see another 'Z on the road either. I typically spot one every 2 months or so. In my 1.5 years of ownership I don't think I've seen more than 15 CR'Zs on the road, with most of them being 2011-2012. the 2013-2015 models are quite rare, I think I've seen like 5 in total, and I've only seen two 2016 models, IIRC.

Also, I wanted to see how much a CR-Z would cost in Colombia, where I'm from. It appears they weren't ever sold there, because all used car places didn't even have it in their system. I only remember seeing about 2 or 3 in the last 12 years I lived there. I'm guessing that it would cost about 80,000,000 to 100,000,000 COP, which is between $20,000 and $25,000 USD, assuming you could find one.

·
Administrator
7,679 Posts
You may have seen mine I lived in the Austin, Round Rock, Pflugerville area for 13 months but The Speed Bump is black.

I've seen a few CR-Zs in here in Austin, I've also stumbled across a CR-Z in the middle of nowhere while looking at google maps :LOL: here are the coordinates Google Maps

·
Registered
70 Posts
You may have seen mine I lived in the Austin, Round Rock, Pflugerville area for 13 months but The Speed Bump is black.
I know that there is someone that parks at a Randall's that has a black CRZ with a red stripe and has "CR-Z" in red on the side skirt, they must work there because I always see it in the parking lot. Don't know who it is though. I also recently met HiepSTA | Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums (crzforum.com) in the Austin area, his CR-Z looks really nice, the body kit is perfect.

·
Administrator
7,679 Posts
2014-16 I was in TX then NY now VA. Here in VA I Have seen a whole bunch of CR-Zs some are members here other not. Mine looks stock and is mostly.

I know that there is someone that parks at a Randall's that has a black CRZ with a red stripe and has "CR-Z" in red on the side skirt, they must work there because I always see it in the parking lot. Don't know who it is though. I also recently met HiepSTA | Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums (crzforum.com) in the Austin area, his CR-Z looks really nice, the body kit is perfect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's rare enough to see another CR-Z on the road, let alone two of them! Both were spotted near the UCF Main Campus in Orlando, where I see them often. One in Gemini Blvd, the other in Alafaya Trail

View attachment 65033

View attachment 65034

View attachment 65035

View attachment 65036
I once saw 4 in one day. Two of them were driving one after the other (I assume the owners knew each other and they had 4 ppl between them) and then 2 more in separate parking lots when I got closer to town

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sadly, they don't seem to be in the best of conditions.
Were they dirty? They don't seem so bad via photos.

I used to be really excited seeing another CR-Z, but there were lots of times where I felt the other person didn't care. I guess I forgot that these are still just Hondas to everyone. Excluding one that lives nearby, I'll spot one at a rate of about once per month on average.

·
Registered
397 Posts

I used to be really excited seeing another CR-Z, but there were lots of times where I felt the other person didn't care. I guess I forgot that these are still just Hondas to everyone. Excluding one that lives nearby, I'll spot one at a rate of about once per month on average.
My new job has me away from home 14+ hours a day during the week. There is no washing the vehicle during the week. On the weekend, I have to catch up on stuff I used to be able to do during the week. I have not been taking very good care of my CRZ as of late. Hopefully, when they see mine running down the road dirty, they don't think I do not take care of mine. In fact it is opposite of that.

·
Registered
304 Posts
My new job has me away from home 14+ hours a day during the week. There is no washing the vehicle during the week. On the weekend, I have to catch up on stuff I used to be able to do during the week. I have not been taking very good care of my CRZ as of late. Hopefully, when they see mine running down the road dirty, they don't think I do not take care of mine. In fact it is opposite of that.
I totally live that. Have to make up for all those not willing to work.

·
Registered
149 Posts
No worries there, I was just curious what might have been wrong in the photos; I couldn't spot anything.

And I can understand not being able to get to those things as soon as you'd like. I had to prolong maintenance for mine when some even bigger priorities came up. As long as you keep note of what may need upkeep later and continue vital maintenance like oil changes, I say you're good!

·
Registered
5 Posts

When I see anther Z, It's common to get acknowledgment from the other drivers with a peace sign or a wave

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've seen a few CR-Zs in here in Austin, I've also stumbled across a CR-Z in the middle of nowhere while looking at google maps :LOL: here are the coordinates Google Maps
I'm in Fort Worth and travel to Dallas and I'll see another Z about once every couple of weeks. Although, there's a black one around the corner from me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We rarely see them here in Maryland, though we saw three the other day driving north of Baltimore towards Towson. I drive mine to my job in the DC area and I rarely ever see another one.

My other car is a Crosstour, which is another Honda unicorn. And mine seems to be one of only two in this area that is FWD.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Camera doesn't show it very well, but they didn't look super nice. The white one had slightly faded, dull paint, and you can see the headlights are super cloudy, the passenger side is completely opaque. There also seems to be some damage on the fron, but it's hard to tell from photos.

The red one was in much better shape, but it still looked just ok. You can see the front wheels are absolutely coated in brake dust, which suggests not only neglect, but also cheapo aftermarket brake pads.
My new job has me away from home 14+ hours a day during the week. There is no washing the vehicle during the week
I totally live that. Have to make up for all those not willing to work
That's rough. At least you get some extra cash 🤷‍♂️. I recently moved into an apartment so washing the car is a whole lot more complicated. Luckily I did apply a ceramic coating before I left and it makes a big difference. Dirt and junk build up much more slowly and when it rains or whatever a lot of the dirt falls off. If you're driving and it stops raining, the water falls off the car so you get very little water spots. It definitely helps, although applying it properly isn't super easy or fast.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We rarely see them here in Maryland, though we saw three the other day driving north of Baltimore towards Towson. I drive mine to my job in the DC area and I rarely ever see another one.

My other car is a Crosstour, which is another Honda unicorn. And mine seems to be one of only two in this area that is FWD.
Those are pretty rare. There was one in my neighborhood.

Another car that I don't see too often, and I'm not sure why, is the 7th generation Civic like the one I had. It's not as rare as the CR-Z or the Crosstour, but given that it's a cheap, reliable, practical sedan from a well-known brand, it's odd that there's not too many. I see 8th gen Civics all over the place, I never stop to think about it, but 7th gen Civics are much less common.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts