Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Dudes and Dudettes, I have been running with my friends at the SNAKE and was hoping some owners of the CR-Z will join in on the fun. Most of the cars are S2000's with some other sports cars. Any takers! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I having been going for a couple months now. Hope too see some CR-Z.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday NOVEMBER 27
Vons at 9:00am (meet) and depart by 9:30am. This gives everyone a 30 minute window to arrive. We will not be rolling out late. We will roll out ON TIME.

Vons parking lot on the PCH side
At Sunset Blvd and PCH
17380 W Sunset Blvd
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272

Bring sunscreen, drinking water, and a full tank of gas. All of which can be obtained at or near the Vons. Potty breaks are encouraged before we head out since there aren't many options other than bushes where we drive.

Lunch stop will be at Pavilions shopping center on PCH near Kanan Dume Road.

Last Sunday of the Month Santa Monica Mtns run. - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums - Page 6

IMG_0105 by Fearrange, on Flickr

IMG_0097 by Fearrange, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
EOM Drive Sunday December 18
Sunday DECEMBER 18
Vons at 9:00am (meet) and depart by 9:30am. This gives everyone a 30 minute window to arrive.

Vons parking lot on the PCH side
At Sunset Blvd and PCH
17380 W Sunset Blvd
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272

Lunch stop will be at Pavilions shopping center on PCH near Kanan Dume Road. Subway Sandwiches seems to be the best deal there.

This will be the last EOM drive of 2011!

http://s2000.com/forums/west/13555-last-sunday-month-santa-monica-mtns-6.html

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Think I'd be a little out gunned there. Screamin' performance machines with a FWD hybrid commuter car lagging behind. Makes me miss my turbo Miata =(
Truth be told, Chaz and I have no problem keeping up with them. We go as fast as we can in corner and rarely go 15mph over speed limit on straight.
Come on join us. Trust me, you won't be a rolling roadblock.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We had a GREAT run! Some slick spots where an S2000 did a spin but the CR-Z held it's own. At the top of the SNAKE we ran into Jay Leno who was telling us about his S600. Heres a pic of Human668 and RMurphy with Jay.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
^ Great Stuff. :thumbsup: So did you sell Jay on the CR-Z? :lol:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Great run today. No rain, no big wind, no cops. Some parts of the road were wet but not a problem with FWD CR-Z. One AP1 S2000 was troubled by it.
We had a little moment with Jay Leno. Nice petrol head! Since I'm a big fan of McLaren, I was so excited when he showed up with a MP4-12C (aka "fax machine" by Jeremy Clarkson). Plus driving a great fun hybrid, I had a smile on my face all day.

For those who is curious on how I dare to go canyon drive with S2000s, watch this video and imagine it has been scale down to S2000 and CR-Z.

Join us and let's have some fun next time.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.