Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Safe Gabe's Build Thread

7K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  safe gabe 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I already had an into thread maybe about 2 years ago when I had first bought the car. At the time, I had three cars (like an idiot), and my CR-Z served as a really great daily driver for living in San Francisco. I've since sold my track car and shifted my focus to building my older Civic to compete in Global Time Attack. This build is meant to be simple as the car is my daily driver.

The old track/time attack car:

My EF:

And the CR-Z:

Handling:
KW V1 Coilovers
Spoon Sports Rigid Collars

Wheel/tire:
17x7, +45et Spoon Sports CR93
215/45/17 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 (aka Bridgestone RE003)
17x8 +38et Advan RGIII in Racing Hyper Black
215/45/17 Falken RT615k+

Braking:
Spoon Sports Monoblock Calipers
Hawk DTC60 (front)
Centric blank rotors (front)

Engine:
HKS Supercharger kit
HPD catback exhaust
AEM catted downpipe

Interior:
Tanabe VLS boost and oil pressure gauges
AEM AFR gauge
C-West LHD gauge pod
FD2 Civic Type R shift knob

Exterior:
Mugen front fip
Mugen side skirts
Mugen grille
HPD rear diffuser

See less See more
#9 ·
Pro photos here. The car felt slow as hell once the battery was depleted. I was hoping to supercharge it, but after a lot of back and forth with the retailer and going over it in my head, I decided against it. Laguna has a lot of elevation changes, so I knew going in that it would be slow. The car is better suited running at Thunderhill West or Buttonwillow. I haven't documented it yet, but I upgraded to Spoon calipers prior to this event.

Corkscrew photo.

#15 ·
Looks great, especially the shots with the bridge in the background. San Fran is one of the few places I haven't been too yet. Look beautiful. (y)(y)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.