Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just test fitted some S2000 Wheels on the CRZ today...

Ap2 v2 wheels will hit the rear shock since the offsets are rediculous like +63

Just wanted to give you guys the heads up. If you want you can run a 25mm spacer on them to fit and they will sit flush in the rears and the fronts.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The hub is the same as most hondas are. You can fit the s2000 wheels with a 5mm spacer though and they will clear just fine. Just an FYI

I tested the wheels with the stock tire configuration... 245 rear and 215 fronts.

If I can get a 225 on the rear I will give it another shot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
gomarlins: I totally understand the argument against the use of wheel spacers, but a question:

obviously, one issue with spacers is the slip-fit style (especially the non-hub centric variety) and if the user doesn't get appropriately longer wheel studs to create the necessary thread engagement. Even still, I'd assume the engagement being that much further from the hub face adds to the torque/force that the wheel is placing on the studs/hub under load.

This is where my question comes in: for the hub-centric spacers that bolt to the original studs and then provide a separate set of studs for the wheel to mount to, I get the sense that the extra load placed on the studs/hub would be minimally different than mounting an aftermarket wheel with a size/offset variance similar to what the wheel spacer provides.
The 'mounting plane' distance where the nut mounts the spacer to the hub is unchanged, thus the torque/force being placed on the studs is at the same distance from the hub as the factory wheel. Yes, there is an increased leverage force because the outside of the wheel is set at a greater distance from the hub, but again I feel that this would be not much different from an aftermarket wheel with a lower positive offset of 20mm or so.

Am I very off in this lineage of thinking? Is there something drastically important that I'm simply not factoring in?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.