Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Premium Member
'14 Energetic Yellow 6MT Panoroof Parking Sensors
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
worst part is someone here on the forum bought the very last Energetic Yellow mugen wing and repainted it... like maybe a year ago?
It doesn't matter about the colour, the painted parts are only any good when the car is brand new. You can't put 10 year old parts on a weathered car as the colour match will be totally off taking account of the slight paint fade being outdoors for a decade.

I once bought Satin Silver aero parts for my Satin Silver EM2 Civic, didn't take into account the car was 15 years old and the parts were essentially brand new being stored in a box away from sunlight - the colour match was appalling and I had to take it to a body shop to get it blended to the bodywork.

Don't abuse the report button
It doesn't matter about the colour, the painted parts are only any good when the car is brand new. You can't put 10 year old parts on a weathered car as the colour match will be totally off taking account of the slight paint fade being outdoors for a decade.

I once bought Satin Silver aero parts for my Satin Silver EM2 Civic, didn't take into account the car was 15 years old and the parts were essentially brand new being stored in a box away from sunlight - the colour match was appalling and I had to take it to a body shop to get it blended to the bodywork.
that's why I painted the uprights black on the one sitting on a shelf in my garage. I knew the reds would be off, and it looks really good with black uprights and a body color wing.. and when they arent' RIGHT NEXT TO each other, you don't notice the difference in the reds.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Probably not the best time to start doubting the Mugen kit with most of it on the way, but that's exactly what I've been doing.

I've now had a number of people say it would be a shame to put the Mugen kit on it as it's such a lovely example as it is and I do agree with that. Something else that is souring the Mugen kit is the lack of availability of the front aero illumination which I really do feel I would need to solve before fitting it. I may end up keeping the Mugen kit for way down the line which sounds insane.

In other news, had a quick check to see if there was a carpet boot/trunk liner and can only see a part available in the US but not EU strangely

Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Software

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Took the Zed along to Costco for a leg stretch and got some shots. Taken on my iPhone 12 Pro Max with automatic settings. I will have to burst out my Sony NEX7 to get some proper photos.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
E-mailed Preserve and Protect in Johnston who appear to carry out exceptional work underselling and doing cavity wax injections using Dinitrol products.

I have been quoted 拢840inc.VAT for the work - they are booked out until September which says it all about the quality of work this company do.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts