Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Rustbucket's Build Thread

464K views 1K replies 138 participants last post by  Arayat 
#1 ·
See less See more
#177 ·
Thankfully, in parting out the Datsun I got to keep a few odds and ends that would help the Honda on it's quest for the track. Sold the boost gauge, and picked up an oil temperature to takes it's place. Look how cool they are, though!

Defi Gauges Power Up - YouTube

Their new location in the CR-Z.

drool :thumbup:

#6 ·
As comfy as the stock seats are, as soon as plans to track the thing came about I knew I needed to invest in a seat. Not terribly pleased with how off the shelf seats 'suit' a fully-furnished interior - I decided to have a beat up SPG reupholstered in matching leathers and stitching to carry the factory theme.

I actually won't have it back from being reupholstered for about a week yet. Here's a sneak peak at the wrapped shell to compliment the black leathers.

#12 ·
Haha, glad you guys are psyched!

Dude, I don't think we have had a member just go out and get all the stuff pretty much at once and go for it..

Gonna be a great build thread.. :thumbup: Can't wait and doesn't look like we'll hafta for long.. Epic..!!

Edit: And LOL - don't mind Tbot, he will also be staying tuned I guarantee.. Good stuff..
I'm got terrible OCD which often leaves me very little patience when it comes to buying parts. If I get it in my head that I need something, as soon as it's financially plausible for such a purchase I'll take the plunge.

Keeps the mail man busy if nothing else, haha!

#10 ·
Dude, I don't think we have had a member just go out and get all the stuff pretty much at once and go for it..

Gonna be a great build thread.. :thumbup: Can't wait and doesn't look like we'll hafta for long.. Epic..!!

Edit: And LOL - don't mind Tbot, he will also be staying tuned I guarantee.. Good stuff..

#21 ·
Great start. Can't wait to see what else you have planned.
This will be an awesome build!
Ahhh.. So its your car that I see in Instagram! Looking forward to see her built!
Thanks, guys.

Amazing, Rustbucket! Really interested to see this come together. And as Scotty said, that won't take long.

Where do you track it? Might have to come see this baby in the sheet metal!!!

:hi5:

Edited to add: Thanks for the reference for Teknotik. Looking them up now.
Once lapping starts up and everything's together, it'll be Wednesday nights at TMP. (Cayuga)

Are you going to supercharge it?
Naw - as neat as they can be, I've got a thing for NA motors. I've had thoughts of a K20 running through my mind all too frequently lately. But, I'll keep try to keep all thoughts of motor swaps to a different chassis and build entirely.

#16 ·
Amazing, Rustbucket! Really interested to see this come together. And as Scotty said, that won't take long.

Where do you track it? Might have to come see this baby in the sheet metal!!!

:hi5:

Edited to add: Thanks for the reference for Teknotik. Looking them up now.

#24 ·
This is so epic and badass its so crazy how u got it all and bam ! \^^/ looking forward to more pics and yey for CBP :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#26 ·
So, I spent a few hours under the Honda today out in the cold. If I never have to drop the subframe again in the life of this vehicle I'll be a happy person. God damned silly place to put a sway-bar, but alas - it's all done now.

Got her up on stands, and so it began!

Sway bar and collars were on the list for today's install. Was going to throw my coils, and camber bolts in while I was at it, but ran out of light and patience.

#27 ·
I noticed there weren't many photos of people installing these, so I figured I'd snap a couple of the process so people could get an idea of what's involved.

And, here's a snap of stock vs. the Spoon bar.

Went and did some driving like a true ricer in a hilly area not too far from my place to see how everything felt. Made a massive difference in cornering speeds and stability. Really can't wait to get the coils in tomorrow, and dial in the suspension in the coming weeks!

#30 ·
Honestly, I just try and learn as I go. I'm a ripe 21 years of age, and didn't start playing with cars until I was 18, so I had some catching up to do once I started making friends in the car world!

Researching online and asking questions have been the biggest help by far. People are usually more than happy to share knowledge - all you've gotta do is ask the questions!

Subbing!! Looking forward to seeing the progress of this build :thumbup:
Cheers!

#32 ·
I'm not sure that it was my truck on there, as I've never actually been on that site. I have a friend with a matching one, though - could likely be his. (When I say matching, I mean quite literally identical down to the ragtop, wheels, wheel colour, rust, A-pillar fabrics, and windshield banner! Hahaha!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.