Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Good one. Honestly, I don't know. I haven't heed my RPM reading for awhile now. I'll make a mental note for tomorrow to check. But if I have to guess during cruising at that speed my RPM is below 3k.

·
Registered
375 Posts
GoHuskies....you the man. :hi5: I can't remember have the things I read and even less where I read it!!!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
This forum sold me on on my purchase soon.
A question I have is with a mt what do you think the RPM is at 65 MPH in 6th gear?
You won't regret it I can honestly say!

What trim and color are you looking at? I thought I would have a rare choice with my PWP 6mt, but man was I wrong :rolleyes: Still love it to bits though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
A reviewer from the hypermiling community lists these RPM's in 6th gear:

50 mph - 2,050 RPM
60 mph - 2,450 RPM
70 mph - 2,900 RPM
That's ... odd ...

I'm going to have to check on my way home, but I could have sworn my RPMs at highway speeds were higher than that.

I remember wishing there was a magical 7th gear to save me some gas on the highway.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Dont the RPMs change depending on the driving mode that you're in?
The RPMs would change depending on the GEAR you are in and the question was what are the RPMs in 6th gear. but on the CVT transmission, the mode you are in will affect the ratio that the transmission chooses. but at a certain point while cruising you will reach the limit of the CVT transmission and that will be the minimum RPMs for that speed.

The numbers listed above are approximately correct. The actual mechanical calculation of the RPMs on the OEM 195/55/16 dunlop tires comes out to be approximately 1% less than listed above, so 65 mph = 2630 rpm in 6th gear.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Mine reads 2700 at 65 mph. I checked it out on a slightly rolling road this morning and it stayed pretty close to 2700 even with some small changes in elevation. On the flat with cruise set on the freeway, it was maybe a hair below 2700 (with 6 spd. manual in 6th)

·
Registered
887 Posts
That's ... odd ...

I'm going to have to check on my way home, but I could have sworn my RPMs at highway speeds were higher than that.

I remember wishing there was a magical 7th gear to save me some gas on the highway.
Yah, I remember discounting that post when it was originally posted. Mine are up near 3krpm at 65mph. Maybe 2700 like the last poster said, as I'm usually going at about 70, which is definitely just over 3krpm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.