Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Roll Center Correction Options

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  96firephoenix 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if GE8 Fit roll center kits will work on the CR-Z? or of any other chassis that might happen to share the same dimensions?

Also has anyone tried any bump steer correction kits?

#4 ·
I see. I'm mostly worried about the lower control arm geometry if I go lower than a 1" drop, but to be honest I haven't taken any measurements yet so it might not be necessary anyway.

I don't get any bump steer on my setup and 've got quite a bit done to my suspension.
The only reason I'm concerned about bump steer is from hearing complaints from Fit track guys. The CR-Z may have better steering rack geometry for lowering, I'm not sure. Just out of curiosity, how much lower have you gone than stock?

#3 ·
I don't get any bump steer on my setup and 've got quite a bit done to my suspension. In a nutshell I've got Spoon fsb, Progress rsb, Spoon rigid collars, BC coilovers, Beatrush pillowball mounts and an Mfactory helical LSD. It's the best setup for me and ride comfort for daily use is pretty decent.

#6 ·
RockAuto was selling a steel variant replacement CR-Z control arm; it's possible that one (or even their aluminum third party replacement) might have replaceable lower balljoints but that would require the investment just to find out and possibly ruining the arm in the process. In 96phoenix's investigation it was determined that the US/NA models OEM Honda aluminum LCA lower balljoints were not replaceable (without destruction) despite RockAuto listing individual lower balljoints for the CR-Z for a while (leading to the question often being asked)

I agree that it would be nice as at factory ride height the CR-Z has basically maxed out to the minimum desirable LCA angle so lowering the ride height even modestly (by 'tuner' standards) puts the leverage angle of the LCA too high, in simple terms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.