Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4/15 The dealer did a good job of doing all the maintenance and detailing (interior & exterior). The buttons on the climate control were cracked and crazed. Didn't really affect the operation, but was it right in my line of sight so it kinda bugged me. Found a used replacement on eBay for pretty cheap. When it arrived the screen was scratched. Ended up disassembling both and using just the buttons.
Automotive tire Camera accessory Font Auto part Metal
Musical instrument Space Font Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ordered some all weather floor mats and a trunk liner new from an online parts supplier. While I was at it, I also ordered the piece that covers the screw in the door pull and the piece that covers the wiring on the bottom of the steering wheel. They are very small items, but in my experience with older Hondas you'd better get them while they are still available.
Automotive tire Hood Synthetic rubber Automotive design Tread

Wood Grey Automotive tire Font Floor
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
12 Posts
Ordered some all weather floor mats and a trunk liner new from an online parts supplier. While I was at it, I also ordered the piece that covers the screw in the door pull and the piece that covers the wiring on the bottom of the steering wheel. They are very small items, but in my experience with older Hondas you'd better get them while they are still available.
View attachment 67603
View attachment 67600 View attachment 67601
Do you happen to still have the part number or a link for the door pull screw cover? I lost mine to a car wash vacuum a couple weeks ago :/

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you happen to still have the part number or a link for the door pull screw cover? I lost mine to a car wash vacuum a couple weeks ago :/
[table]
[TR]
[TD]2011-2016 Honda CR-Z - Mat L Pull Pocket [/TD]

[TD]83555sztg01za[/TD]
[/TR]
[/table]

·
Registered
2012 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
12 Posts
[table]
[TR]
[TD]2011-2016 Honda CR-Z - Mat L Pull Pocket [/TD]

[TD]83555sztg01za[/TD]
[/TR]
[/table]

Thank you so much! Had no idea Honda calls them "pull pockets."

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Was never satisfied with how the steering wheel cover would lay on the spokes. There just wasn't enough material and it would poke up at the seams occasionally. I got to where I'd keep the plastic tool in the car so I could jam it back down at traffic lights. The kit came with double sided tape but it would not stay down. I even added extra tape in this area in anticipation of this happening.

Removed the airbag and pulled the cover back on the spokes. Applied contact adhesive to the spokes and the cover. So far it's staying down how I wanted. We'll just see how it holds up to the heat.
Automotive design Tints and shades Auto part Personal luxury car Electric blue

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Bin bag

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Started to install last week but the FL Allen hex inside the strut shaft stripped out, I ended up cutting the nut off with a Dremel. Then the FR nut on the swaybar endlink would not come off. Decided to stop there and order new end links and strut mounts instead of trying to save the originals. Of course, the parts were delayed but arrived in time for my day off.
Resumed today and when I go to open the door, the handle breaks. Didn't want to mess with it because I wanted to get the car back on the ground. It's been on jackstands for 2 weeks and I'm sure my HOA is gonna get bent outta shape about it. Plus it was 93 degrees and I didn't want to stay outside any longer than I needed to.
I was also considering installing a Cusco swaybar that I have, but I measured it and it was the same as the OEM one already on the car. Good thing I checked first, I've been told that it's an upgrade for the earlier cars. Mine already has it, as I found out. Besides 93 degrees remember.
As much as the front flight me, the rear was easy. Even cutting the top spring perch was easy. Set the rear as high as they would go and the fronts 60mm from the bottom. Even though the rear was as high as they'd go, they were still lower than the front. Still fine leave them there until I get an alignment and new tires.
Fluid Liquid Plastic bottle Cylinder Gas

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Blue Paint Liquid Fluid

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Automotive tire Wood Floor Gas Flooring

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Set the ride height to where I prefer it. It's the unscientific measurement of a 2 finger gap between the tire and wheel arch. Had to raise the rear 20mm and lower the front 20mm. Surprisingly I got it equal on the first try. This car loves to fight me, when I was taking a wheel off, the nut kept spinning. Finally got it off, the stud is jacked up. When I torqued the nuts after installing the coilovers, I noticed it was a little taller than the others. I'll replace the stud at another time. I'll ride around for a week and recheck if it at l settles. If it stays where I like, I'll go ahead and get an alignment.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 20 of 23 Posts