Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just testing the waters here but... I got a set of red powdercoated Acura RL calipers and some NISMO size rotors with some EBC yellowstuff brake pads id like to sell. I spent about $1200 on everything including powdercoating. The calipers are freshly rebuilt with new pistons, seals and ARP assembly bolts. Id be looking for about $700 but I'm open to negotiations. You will get calipers, pads, rotors and some brackets to mount the calipers to the CRZ spindle in the bundle.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics? And what wheel specs are needed or did you use to clear this setup?
Those are the calipers with red powdercoat. They were fully rebuilt by myself with new seals and pistons including ARP assembly bolts. I ran the brake kit on some -35 offset wheels with 17" diameter. You need a minimum of a 17" wheel and may need a wheel spacer depending on the offset of the wheel. The offset of my wheels gave plenty of clearance but the diameter made it a tight fit.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Locking hubs Automotive tire

Reactions: Fediej

·
Banned
433 Posts
Those are pretty cool. I like that the Acura logo is cast and not a sticker. Like the early NSX calipers that had NSX cast into them.

Sadly I don't think those will clear the spokes of my wheels. Someone is going to end up with some big stoppers!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are pretty cool. I like that the Acura logo is cast and not a sticker. Like the early NSX calipers that had NSX cast into them.

Sadly I don't think those will clear the spokes of my wheels. Someone is going to end up with some big stoppers!
They will be an excellent brake setup for whoever buys them. I just decided that I wanted to be able to run my stock wheels in the winter and went with a WIlwood kit that has larger rotors then stock. I know someone else that is running TLX- Type S Brembos on his setup and seems to like them. The 350Z NISMO rotors in my kit are about 12.8" vs the stock 10.3" rotors. If you are interested... I will soon have some Wilwood 4 pot calipers and EBC rotors with 2 sets of pads for sale. This kit will be a slight upgrade from the stock brakes and will clear stock wheels just fine and require no cutting of the dust shield.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts