Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rho-Plate Tow Hook License Plate Relocator

Rho-plate Products

They don't have the CR-Z on their website, but I emailed them and they sent me what they said was a "prototype".

Installed it just recently, got tired of my front CA plate giving my grille a bucktooth look.

My gripe with it is how far the thing sticks out. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the idea, but there seems like something is wrong in that 2nd pic. It just doesn't look like I thought it would.
The issue is that the bumper is so curved - to have the plate perpendicular to the road would make the edge of it stick out super far

Anyway, just some food for thought for anyone thinking about doing a similar mod. Still undecided about whether I want to keep it or not.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm still on the fence about this one. how much did the kit cost? is the angle adjustable?
60 plus shipping = 70 - same as for all the other models they sell.

The angle is adjustable by about 30 degrees both ways, and there are nodes (8 placed asymmetrically) on the back of the panel that allow you to adjust the position of the plate.

And wow, my bad on the title. Should have spellchecked.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Not too shabby, like you said it sticks out a bit far but that could be fixed easy enough, if it was designed with a quick-connect that I could take it off would be cool. Still better than the buck-tooth grill :hi5:

·
Registered
675 Posts
im interested to buy this. when are they going to release the product?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Quote from a email from Rho-plate

"We have made a few sets of prototype CR-Z Rho-plate kit, and we still have two sets left. The Honda CR-Z Rho-plate kit will be available in about 4 weeks. The regular kit will be about 15mm shorter than the prototype kit because the prototype got a bit more clearance than we expected."

I think I will wait for the shorter version.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Awesome!
The plate should not go in the large intake area
Well done, looks super

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My guess is not until june or july. For anyone getting the prototype, I would recommend waiting on the production kit - as you can see in the pictures the plate sticks out rather far, and the thread isn't the same as the tow-hook so it doesn't quite screw in properly. The piece from the kit is made from a weaker metal though, so the thing stays in place even though the threads are destroyed. No damage to the car itself.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My guess is not until june or july. For anyone getting the prototype, I would recommend waiting on the production kit - as you can see in the pictures the plate sticks out rather far, and the thread isn't the same as the tow-hook so it doesn't quite screw in properly. The piece from the kit is made from a weaker metal though, so the thing stays in place even though the threads are destroyed. No damage to the car itself.
+1
Cool, I can't wait!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.