Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,917 Posts
...Side question can k-tuner clear abs/srs codes I tried looking that up but couldn't find anything on it honestly I cannot afford it yet but its something I was gunna buy anyways so I can look into it

I want to repeat the question so this thread doesnt get derailed
I want to know a way to manual clear srs codes
Here's a screen shot of my KTuner--I don't see anything specific to clearing the abs/srs, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it won't clear those codes at the same time as clearing ALL on the list/screen. It would be a good question to ask him at [email protected] :wink2:

I figure you've already tried the methods described in the following links, but thought I'd post them here for you to try anyway (2 methods shown.)
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-fit-73/how-do-i-reset-airbag-light-help-please-3066478/
hondapitstop.com*-&nbsphondapitstop Resources and Information.

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any update? Resolution?

I just swapped out my
seats with another 2011 CRZ (because they were much cleaner)

Did NOT know this would be an issue :sigh:

·
Super Moderator
5,609 Posts
This company can reset the modules if caused by an accident or you need to go to a dealer and have them reset it or match it to your car. It is not a normal Scan tool function.

@OldSkool Do you still have the seats you swapped from? If you do you need to extract the modules and put them back in the car they came from. Or have dealer reset.

·
Super Moderator
5,609 Posts
I actually had a dealer replace the covers on my drivers seat ( warranty Issue) no modules had to be reset basically they replaced the seat covers and they are parts you can order.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This company can reset the modules if caused by an accident or you need to go to a dealer and have them reset it or match it to your car. It is not a normal Scan tool function.

Oh man... This sucks. Something that should be easy peasy.

I think I mentioned in another tread how gross the seats I got were in. Even thought about taking off the covers to wash, but a helpful member here recommend not to.

(So this swap was a priority)

Anyhow, thanks for the link!

Looks like it's going to be another unplanned $60+ 😭

·
Registered
36 Posts
I actually had a dealer replace the covers on my drivers seat ( warranty Issue) no modules had to be reset basically they replaced the seat covers and they are parts you can order.
Ahh nice!

Yea that's not gonna happen in my case. The car isn't salvage but I did get it at auction...the seat metal was rusty and while I was changing the seats I noticed all the cable looms where not secured. These seats have been out before or are not the original. Something happened that I do not know to this vehicle.. anyone got a Carfax account? Lol

·
Super Moderator
5,609 Posts
Oh man... This sucks. Something that should be easy peasy.

I think I mentioned in another tread how gross the seats I got were in. Even thought about taking off the covers to wash, but a helpful member here recommend not to.

(So this swap was a priority)

Anyhow, thanks for the link!

Looks like it's going to be another unplanned $60+ 😭
You may still be able to swap all the modules from the damaged seats to your current seats. you need the Modules that were in your VIN and if you swap those in then you may not need a reset. Where are you getting the $60 number is that the place I linked to or the dealer? The modules and sensors need to be matched to the car. Being part of Airbag I presume like a black box it needs to talk to the car bidirectionally.

I have deep cleaned seats before with my Bissel Pro heat carpet cleaner hand tool and hose. Shop vac to dry remaining water and leaving doors open in sun for last bit of dampness.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ah!!

I didn't think about swapping the actual SRS components in the seats themselves. I'll see on Saturday when I go back if this is feasible. (Hopefully it's easy.. but I doubt it)

For clarity sake, no seats are damaged per se. The donor seat air bags did not deploy. And my original ones have a sketchy unknown past, (also with undeployed airbags.

I wasnt sure if I fully understood your reply sorry.

The $60 is from the link.

·
Super Moderator
5,609 Posts
Ah!!

I didn't think about swapping the actual SRS components in the seats themselves. I'll see on Saturday when I go back if this is feasible. (Hopefully it's easy.. but I doubt it)

For clarity sake, no seats are damaged per se. The donor seat air bags did not deploy. And my original ones have a sketchy unknown past, (also with undeployed airbags.

I wasnt sure if I fully understood your reply sorry.

The $60 is from the link.
If no seats are deployed then either you need all the matching electronic components from the original seats or a reset at the dealer(or both) but contact the folks at that link and ask them what needs to be done since you are not dealing with an accident damaged SRS system.

·
Premium Member
5,917 Posts
If the replacement seats have all components working correctly (before swapping them into your car,) you can do 1 of 2 things to resolve the SRS light issue:
1) Swap out the ODIS unit of the passenger seat (only,) or 2) have the dealership reset the sensors to match the ECU.
A little more info on a post in my build thread:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks guys! I still have access to the seats so will look into this ODIS module and see if it isn't too much trouble

·
Premium Member
5,917 Posts
Thanks guys! I still have access to the seats so will look into this ODIS module and see if it isn't too much trouble
Look on the back of the passenger seat, on the side facing the center console, there's a zipper to open the whole back flap. That should be enough of an opening to get access to the unit, but I haven't actually swapped one out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks litz!

Had a chance to briefly unzip the back last night. It was late and I didn't have too much time to really poke around. (Forgot to snap a photo)

Can anyone help me with what im looking for?

There looks to be white plastic compartments possibly covering something (or nothing) underneath.

Question: are ODIS, ODS, OPDS different things?

Edit: that white cover is housing the ODS unit underneath.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts