Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone by chance would have a picture of the inside side of the left side skirt panel that runs along the bottom of the CR-Z from wheel to wheel under the door.
In a dumb move, I drove over a curb and it ripped the skirt off, shearing the plastic push rivets off and tore off pretty much all of the U clips that are on the panel. I'd like a picture for reference on where and how those clips were oriented on the inside of the panel. There are still marks from where they were attached, but one of them seems to be opening in the opposite direction so I just want to make sure before I try any repairs to reattach them.

Also, I picked up replacement push rivets from NAPA, but not 100% sure if they are the correct ones and would appreciate a confirm. Part no 665-3257 if that's any help for reference...

Thanks

Edit: Ok so I figured the way the clips mount on the panel aren't indicative of their orientation. With a little observation on the subtle differences of how the clips were attached to the panel and the spray patterns of the paint, I think I was able to figure out where they should go and JB welded them into place. It's raining and dark out now, so I'll attempt to mount the panel and push rivets tomorrow.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had the same problem. Orient them so when you slide the side skirt back towards the back of the car, they lock.

Also I found that using a zip tie on hole on the rear quarter panel helps secure the whole thing dramatically. I also drilled a hole in the side skirt on the bottom rear of the thing and secured it to a hole in the metal frame that is back there. (it's about an inch or so away)
Doing so made the back part of the side skirt super secure.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi I made the same mistake but any suggestions on where I can buy a replacement side skirt from the UK?
Your best bet is the 2nd hand classifieds.

We have apps like OfferUp in the states, there's probably equivalent or similar in the UK.

Or these
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3520769909...:Honda&hash=item51f96c89c7:g:rRYAAOSw9OFZMda-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts