Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
What exactly is the point of push start when you have to put the key in?
For a track car, if you stall out you can just hit the button to restart. So it's more like a restart button than a start button. ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Its a security thing. If your car is in auto off mode or you don't hear the engine. Pushing the start button again has no effect. Its not good for the starter (or e-motor) to start an engine thats allready running.

Didn't know that the USDM has no start button.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
the DIY section has a limited 30-edit time... so if this OP isn't updated by that time it will automatically not allow u to edit the OP and i'll have to close this thread b/c it would then be pointless :popcorn:

:yeahthat:

What exactly is the point of push start when you have to put the key in?
ask the S2000 that question :rolleyes:
I had a start button in my 07 lx sedan it was rather pointless I used it maybe 10 times in two years. Nice looking button but kinda a waist
you must not have trained yourself to use it... i added one in my '06 Si and my OCD forced me to use it until it was habit... after that driving any car w/o it kind feels weird just turning the key...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Have similar key+push start deal in my Elise, and it makes sense when I'm on the track, have same thing in the BMW (key has to be in) - a lot less useful, had the comfort access (key in pocket) push start in the MINI - kinda cool, but not worth the $500 for the option.

Overall, the key is as fast/convenient. Wish it was folding like VW's, though.

So the big question is - why do people want a push button start in their DD? Just because it's "cool"?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.