Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

iam a passiv reader of this great forum, especially the DIY-part of it. now i do have an idea and i need your help ;) so i decided to register myself today.

my request is:

i wondered if it would be possible, to have second pair of rear-lights.
to understand this, you should have a look on the following picture:

[/URL]

#1 is the standard brake light
#2 is not used! in the left one is the rear fog light, i think the right one is empty.

so is there the possibilty to install a 2nd pair of rear lights (not brake light) in the under part ?
i think this would look awesome!
what do you think?

greetings

excuse my bad english, its not my native language =)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I believe that lights are symmetric, so a rear fog light on the left is matched by a rear fog on the right.

Even if it is empty on the right, In the UK, non fog or reverse lights have to be symmetric. so with the space taken by a rear fog on the left, you couldn't just put an extra light on the right.

If you were thinking of using a pair of lights, one to go in the space on the right, where were you thinking of placing the second?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Depending on what the law is in your area, and whether or not you want to deal with the hassle of possible tickets on it... you can do whatever you want.

If you were to pull the taillight out... open the cases (oven or heat gun).. you could add other lights and even move stuff around, as long as you keep them relatively safe and legal.

I would go with LEDs.. and try to tie in the wiring with some sort of quick disconnect so you can still remove the taillight assembly as needed. I have considered doing something like this... Extra Brake and marker lights, but I just haven't got around to it yet.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.