Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Success! It really takes force to slide the white tabs. They need to travel to the top end about 5/8-3/4". There might be a tool for doing this but it takes quite a bit of force with a really small screwdriver to slide them individually and get them to unlock.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have ABS pump issues as well. I spoke with two Honda techs that told me it was important to match the model number as close to the original as possible. If identical reprogramming is not necessary. I hope you disconnected the battery before entering the war with the harness plug. Best of luck with the swap. I am still waiting for my replacement to show up. Also I was told to preload the unit with fluid to facilitate better bleeding of the system. Please post any roadblocks you encounter. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bleeding was pretty straight forward it just takes a few times to get all the air to the left rear. The battery was disconnected the night before. As for the harness, I'm pretty sure mine has been apart before because the release / lock lever wasn't clocked or meshed right so it just popped the cover off. Once it was off I was able to reclock it and get it to lock the harness onto the replacement module. The module I replaced with is an EX CRZ! module but may be bad as I now have new light code issues going on....

·
Registered
14 Posts
You will probably need to have the car reprogrammed to make the light show stop. Quote I got was $150 for the dealers to do it. Since I ordered and paid over $500 for my replacement module my lights have gone out and all is back to normal. Figures!

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
Considering new the Module is over $1800 even if you have to pay to turn the light off it is worth it to pay the $150. It is probably a mismatch in the model of the module you installed but as long as it was the same model year it should have been the same module. AFAIK There is no difference in the braking systems among the trim levels . @hondadad did you replace with the same part number as the original? Since yours had been apart before I wonder if the module you replaced was also the wrong part number and car or module was reprogrammed to resolve a similar issue in its past.

Bleeding was pretty straight forward it just takes a few times to get all the air to the left rear. The battery was disconnected the night before. As for the harness, I'm pretty sure mine has been apart before because the release / lock lever wasn't clocked or meshed right so it just popped the cover off. Once it was off I was able to reclock it and get it to lock the harness onto the replacement module. The module I replaced with is an EX CRZ! module but may be bad as I now have new light code issues going on....

You will probably need to have the car reprogrammed to make the light show stop. Quote I got was $150 for the dealers to do it. Since I ordered and paid over $500 for my replacement module my lights have gone out and all is back to normal. Figures!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Success! It really takes force to slide the white tabs. They need to travel to the top end about 5/8-3/4". There might be a tool for doing this but it takes quite a bit of force with a really small screwdriver to slide them individually and get them to unlock.
oof. My dude. Hope you didn't break anything.

There's a release lever for that connector. I think there's a catch on the back side that you have to press, then rotate that lever as shown.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The plug latch is one of those frustrating things that is so simple once you figure it out. Tiny release on the latch and it rotates easily releasing the plug. I just installed my replacement unit and so far all is great. No warning lights!! The replacement unit was identical to the original. I preloaded the replacement unit with fluid but there was still a lot of bleeding required. Fingers crossed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts