Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a flat tire recently and the tire was damaged enough to be replaced. I called all of the local Honda dealerships (6) and not one had a tire in stock. The common response from the Parts Dept was "it is a new car so we dont carry the parts yet". Which is disappointing to say the least. Keep in mind I bought my CRZ almost 6 months ago.
Something as simple as a tire should be carried at a Honda dealership, especially in the winter time in Michigan. The dealers should support the product! Local tire retailers did not have it in stock either.The standard answer was 3-4 days if they ordered it. I ordered it from tire rack and can get it sooner. Ill have it installed when I get it from fedex. Anyway I called the customer service group in CA also to let them know how I felt about it.
Tire:
Dunlop SP Sport 7000S
P195-55-R16 86V

The CRZ does perfom well in the ice and snow in my opinion. Driving in the snow with the spare tire on, not so good.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My CR-Z that I bought this January came with the Bridgestone Eco Series, the model is not even listed on the Bridgestone Tire web site nor sold at a large distributor such as Tire Rack. I think tire makers deal with car manufacturers as: here's a set of respectable tires that we need performance / production experimental data on, we'll make a trial production run, and you can get a discounted batch of tires for your new cars (just a theory). Buying a pair of a different model 195/55R16's for the same axle and saving the single good OEM tire for another possible replacement incident is probably your best bet. Also, bypass the dealer and get it at Costco where they'll even fill your tire with nitrogen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think tire makers deal with car manufacturers as: here's a set of respectable tires that we need performance / production experimental data on, we'll make a trial production run, and you can get a discounted batch of tires for your new cars (just a theory).
Doubtful. I think automakers tested tires for thousands of miles, if not more, during development and testing of a model and to choose tires to match overall handling, ride and noise, fuel economy requirement. I heard it's not uncommon for tire makers to specially develop variation of tire for a car model as long as the demand is great enough to justify the costs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.