Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been gone over a few times in this forum already. I just got my CRZ base model and I would like to replace the stock stereo with something aftermarket. It will most likely be a Pioneer Double Din Touch Screen deck, as well as install my amp and sub/s as well.

The questions I have about this are:

1) Is there a dash kit to allow for Double DIN decks to be installed? Part#? Where can I get it?
2) Is there a wiring harness available? Part#? Where?

3) I have a 1200W Hifonics Brutus Monoblock and Power Acoustik Capacitor that I had wired down to 450W in my Nissan Sentra. The reason I had it wired this way was because I did not want to add another battery to the car but also not kill the alternator/battery. It ran for about 2 years with no problems. The question is how much wattage do you think that CRZ can handle?

4) Can anyone tell me the best way to run an amplifier kit through the CRZ? Just any tips you can provide?

Thanks for hearing me out. I was driving a '99 Sentra for about 3 years and it has since passed on R.I.P. But the new CRZ has left my hungry for my bass back. Any help would be greatly appreciated for this bass starved young fellow.:bored:

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea as to how many watts the stock battery/alternator can handle? I will just be using a Hifonics Brutus Bxi1206d amp which will be wired to 450W @ 4ohms and a 1.6 Farad Power Acoustik Capacitor. Do you think that the CRZ can handle this wattage without causing power problems? This is my biggest issue.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And you're not running this Kinetik Power Cell, correct? You are just using the stock battery setup?

If that is just stock battery setup, I should be fine with 450W then. And thanks for the install advice, because drilling the hole is the worst part for me. I'm good with stereos and electrical stuff, just not cars. So when I start drilling holes in a new car, I get nervous.

This actually brings up a couple more questions though. If you haven't found a dash kit yet, then are you using the factory deck? And if so, can you wire a sub to the factory deck?(I'm sure you can, I have never done it though.)

Also, how do you have the subs in the car? Right now I have 2 12"s in a normal sealed box. It fits in the car nice, I was just wondering how everyone else is putting them in. Maybe there is a better box or enclosure that fits better in this car. And also, how did you secure the box down? I know the spare tire is underneath the trunk space so how should I secure the box down?

Thanks for all of the help by the way. Like I said, I'm good with stereo equipment, just not cars. I'm afraid I'll drill directly into something important. :cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.