Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to remove the H off my rear hatch. I know it has 2 pins holding it in, does anyone know for sure what holds those pins on the other side ? AND does anyone know how the plastic interior pieces come off on the inside of the hatch so I can get to the back side of the H ?

Thanks,
J

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
R u talking about the two plastic hubs or the actual H itself? The H has two pins, but unlike the front, the aren't secured into the hatch. They slide into two white plastic hubs. I just replaced my emblems today with red ones. So if you want to see what's under the H I'll have pix posted a little later. But unfortunately since I was replacing not removing I didn't have to worry about the little white hubs.

-Hoi

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
R u talking about the two plastic hubs or the actual H itself? The H has two pins, but unlike the front, the aren't secured into the hatch. They slide into two white plastic hubs. I just replaced my emblems today with red ones. So if you want to see what's under the H I'll have pix posted a little later. But unfortunately since I was replacing not removing I didn't have to worry about the little white hubs.

-Hoi
I need to actual take the H off the Back but, I need to be able to remove and replace. So what did you replace yours with ? Did you just pull off the old H ?

I was thinking I would have to take off the interior panels of the rear hatch to be able to take off the H.

Thanks,
J

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
No back was easy. Just cut the top adhesive with dental floss and it comes right out. I replaced mine with a red and silver Honda emblem.

The new emblem covers the entire space so I didn't have to worry about the little hubs that are left behind. So it really depends on what you are replacing it with. Should have the pix posted in DIY in a little bit.

-Hoi

-Hoi

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No back was easy. Just cut the top adhesive with dental floss and it comes right out. I replaced mine with a red and silver Honda emblem.

The new emblem covers the entire space so I didn't have to worry about the little hubs that are left behind. So it really depends on what you are replacing it with. Should have the pix posted in DIY in a little bit.

-Hoi

-Hoi
Awesome thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

-Hoi

-Hoi
I was planning to put the original H back on. Is it possible to put the original H back on if I add my own double side tape like the factory uses ?

J

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.