Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I really don't want to sell it, but I am picking up a 1993 Toyota MR2 project car, and not having a monthly car payment will make life more comfortable and fun lol.

I have had this car since Aug, and driven it across country. I have put 10,3xx on it since Aug. I am currently in the Virginia Beach, VA area.

My Cell is: 603-785-8277. Call or text

My new poject: 1993 SW21 chassis converted to JDM 3SGTE turbo

·
Registered
64 Posts
18K? Should be asking for more than that. I would say 20K or 20.5K. Dealer offered to buy my car back at 18K a week before Christmas. I said no way. Paid 22K 3 months ago.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I am selling it on Autotrader.com for 19k. But, maybe the dealer buyback option would work? I don't know if that would work for me since I have had it since Aug.

And the reason I'm not asking 20 (like I want to) is because I want it to sell, and it already has 10k miles on it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, I am selling it on Autotrader.com for 19k. But, maybe the dealer buyback option would work? I don't know if that would work for me since I have had it since Aug.

And the reason I'm not asking 20 (like I want to) is because I want it to sell, and it already has 10k miles on it
Try your dealer. That is what I did. Same dealer I bought it from just to see how much they would offer. I have other cars and may go back to school soon so I wanted to see what they would offer. If it had been 20K, I would be CRZ-less right this second. :p

Anyways, it won't hurt. Swing by Carmax too. They will appraise and offer you a price to buy your car. Warning: it is always low-ball. I have had 2 cars appraised there and both were 1 - 2K lower than what KBB was.

·
Registered
64 Posts
wow, i hope you didn't say even one word and just left... that is TOTAL BS for real... the only thing to justify selling a CR-Z for $13k is if it was close to a total loss from an accident...
Yeah, whey would have instantly sold it for 19K or 20K and made 7K. :rolleyes: I'm not a fan of CarMax. "No negotiating" model is BS IMO.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
bump for a good deal. hate to see you go. project car looks fun though!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.