Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Removal Of Rear Seats (UKDM)

16K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  Scotty001 
#1 ·
I ordered a new crz yesterday for the 1st of march and i want to know if removing the seats is just as simple as undoing a few bolts, and how much weight is lost and if it makes a difference in performance?

#5 ·
I would swap my rear seats for the storage boxes the only issue will be the fact the rear seat belt buckles have a a switch in them to say that there is some1 sat in there, also where the rear lights are in the American crz is where the seat belts are in the UK cars. I hate to think what the shipping would be

#13 ·
I was thinking of them to be used as "jump seats" in limited circumstances. There are odd moments when it would be nice to get 3 people in the car, and in my case the third person is rather thin and short.

If I went this route I'd probably concede that the seat behind the driver would be useless, and I might try to cut the rear seat into just the portion that would go behind the front passenger seat.

#28 ·
http://www.crzforum.com/forum/pictures-videos/7810-four-seater.html

fortunerox did them .. look nice.. I WANT AND WILL PAY FOR REAR SEATS TO HAVE HERE IN THE STATES.. and will install belts for them.. WHY? because it's NOT COOL to DENY two CUTE girls a ride simply because you can only take one of them.. I live in L.A. everything is descent withing driving range. SO it's 'when push comes to shove' it's well worth it for me to go through the PITA of installing reat seats with belts.

#31 ·
Dude, The USDM CR-Z is a 2 seater.. If one needs otherwise, then the CR-Z Should not of been your choice.. Unwise decision..

#32 ·
Scotty why so negative about the rear seats? Very unmoderated of you in my opinion. It's a personal choice thing. The same car is sold with these parts in other countries. If someone in the USA instals all of the safety equipment and seats it won't be less safe than any other 4 seater. You don't seem to disapprove of any other mods this way. Just wondering why?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.388336,-98.577587

#35 ·
IT'S NOT LIKE IM GOING TO be a public transport, or open up business for a "CR-Z TAXI" company.. It's simply an aesthetics alteration... Am I going to say, "FELLAS! HOP IN! I'm driving to Hollywood tonight!" NO.. But IT can come into play were someone is stuck, and she's a PYT, and the destination is around 7 miles, then HELL YES squeeze your a$$ in the back dear and strap in!.

#37 ·
^ :rotfl: :rules: :lol: Older and wiser would be the correct phrasing.. lol. But with that said, the dangers of this potential mod on the USDM has been explained in several threads i.e., Situational Awareness has been dutifully provided.

Now I say if you gonna do it - Do it and providing pictures with and without passengers would be good/entertaining..

#38 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.