Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isnt exactly a performence parts topic, but the 2011 CRZ being the first in the series, I was wondering if there is a safe, easy, kit I can do myself. I have basically zero experience working under the hood but would love to tinker with things so long as I dont break anything. My dealer wants around 200-300+ for a remote starter and the 5 degree mornings are destroying me :-(

Thank you in advance !

·
Registered
815 Posts
200 isnt that expensive for auto starter imo. Ive done it before on my last car and its alot of work. Its not just plug and play, you need to disassemble the dash, hard wire so many wires and put in a bypass as well so unless you know stuff well, i would not recommand it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only other thing I was thinking of is a physical mechanism to house a key that would remain in the ignition. My ideal product would involve an iPhone app sending a signal to the housing unit, which will physically turn the key. If properly mounted and sufficiently powered (9 volt?). This may be a cheap alternative to semi-expensive, electrical based fiy or factory isntalls.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New idea. I was looking into car heaters, or small personal heaters. The Lasco MyHeat caught my eye. Reviews show it to be a greating heating device at only 200 watts. I have a 200 Watt power inverter already. With these two combined and used to heat my car in the 0 degree AM's... would there be much impact on the CRZ? Mainly the battery?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is the final plan im putting into motion:

Duracell 300 Power Source:
Can sustain the Lasoko Myheat at 200watt for 15 minutes.

The myheat will be connected via remote out with 50-100 foot range.

hope this doesnt turn out to be a huge fail lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.