Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I have two questions and probably somebody knows something:

1. My CR-Z has the factory alarm. Locking the doors by the remote the turn lights confirm this to you. Now, is it possible by changing the OBD data, that an additional confirmation sound will be given? I know it from BMW, Skoda and Audi that cars which have a factory alarm, they can re-program the OBD Data to do this confirmation sound. The reason is, that here in Germany this kind of sound is not allowed (who cares.... :pP:), but in other countries it is, and so the manufactures can program each vehicle individually by the OBD interface.

2. Coming home/leaving home function - my last car had such a function. By opening the car with the remote the fog lights and the tail lights switched on, to illuminate the way to the car. Maybe also here OBD can be re-programed to get this kind of function.

Looking forward to your ideas....

Greetings CR-Z Cruiser

·
Registered
250 Posts
i know here in US if you press the button twice it sounds off. Besides that i dont really know what your askin, sorry mate.
Yes, tapping the lock button twice will cause the horn to honk for confirmation of locking. My fiance gets all paranoid about it being locked if she doesnt hear the horn, even though I tell her the lights blinked :rolleyes:
As for the head lamp coming on when you tap the the alarm to light the way I have no clue if you can hack it so that it can be done. Normally if I need to find my way to the car I just keep pressing the lock button to zone in on the horn honk.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My dash has not this option to turn on/off this sound.... :cry:

For better European comprehension would anybody please be so kind and post a little clip as you open/close your CR-Z. So that I can hear this kind of sound.

Thanks a lot.

Greetings
CR-Z Cruiser

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am only referring to the closing sound. I tried the link again and forwarded the clip to minute 12:19 - et voila, you hear the closing sound. You also see, how the guy is clicking on his keys.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
in the clip he presses the button 3 times and last 2 times the horn sounded when he presses, but it did not sound the first time he presses. that is exactly what the CRZ in USA does. *honk* sound from the horn when you press it a second time locking. there is NO SOUND when unlocking the car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
?? so in the US version you hear a honk? wow .. I want that to :(
We get a very brief beep (and flashing head/tail lights) on the second press of the door lock. It's one thing I miss from my old car - used to get a honk on the first press, and it was useful if I forgot to press the button right when I got out of the car. Unfortunately, the signal on my CR-Z key seems to have a very short range, which would make the beep (or at least the lights!) even more useful.

Edit: I looked through the in-car configuration screens, and didn't see anything that looked like it would move the confirmation to the first click.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.