Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new here and I come here often and check out all the great things you guys have done to your CR-Zs and drool. This would be my first time posting other than just introducing myself.

So I see lots of really cool modifications and I think I would like to enhance the look of my own, but with a few caveats, I'm a young engineer with little experience with car modifications, no resources as far as shops or car-knowledgeable aftermarket tinkerers, and I'm not looking to spend thousands.

What are some cool things I could do that would stand out without looking ridiculous that I could probably do on my own or get done for cheap. I'm thinking as a start, tinting my windows.

I have the Base 6MT Black, 100% stock so far

·
Registered
213 Posts
^that was sarcasm btw, dont do that lol. save your money, do things right.

Unless you're going to 'race' your car, don't do any performance mods. Just throw the car in sport with traction off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm not going to do any performance mods, this is my only car (weird I know) and I commute long distances, I don't want to decrease the reliability of it.

rattle can your wheels and tail lights then cut your springs.... wa-la
haha I have so little experience with the aftermarket slang that when I read this I asked out loud in my office what this meant and someone said "he's trolling you, look up 'Murdered Out' on Urban Dictionary", very funny :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I was thinking of finding some black wheels with yellow accents, something like this:

and then getting some yellow Honda emblems

and tinting the windows about 35%

For a start, any thoughts? I would really like to add yellow accents where possible as I like the look of yellow on black

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
^ please dont.

also those are OLD honda emblems. the new ones are much nicer looking. Dont put old rice garbage on your car.

If you like yellow, do this.

Yellow DRL/hibeams, Yellow fogs.

Tint is good get the good stuff and pay to get it installed.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The footwell LED mod is fairly simple, relatively cheap and super customizable. I don't have the link to the forum for it but there is a great DIY posted for it and you can follow it or use it and put your own twist on it. I used to have a great time with a roll of speaker wire and a bag of ebay LEDs placing them around my clunkers in footwells and by speakers and such. Hooking LED's up to speakers actually works very well and is a cheap "ohh-ahh" from your passengers xD at least, when your 16 it is :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Ok so your clearly not for spending much money! I say go check out wheeldude.com look around for some rotas! They are cheap decent quality, next get some lowering springs to give it a nice stands. Grab the jdm emblems and do some hid fogs, swap your interior light with LEDs, grab a blox shift knob, and a tanabe axle back. All this will run you around 2k and it won't affect your reliability. You'll be a little pumped out on a budget and have a aggressive exhaust note.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
My first mod was plasti-dip my emblems(there is a DIY on here for it) then the footwell mod but since you have a base model you can't do it cheaply. Get a can of amber caliper paint and spray them if you want. I'm sure you can think of some stuff to do, just remember it's your car do want you want with it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't see why the footwell mod has to be expensive on a base model, theres still 12 volt footwell light bulbs you could go to radio shack get some LED lights they have packaged all ready set with built in resistors to work in 12V systems, connect the positive and negative wires to where the bulb gets its power and a little glue to place it somewhere, bam! Dunskies.
Havent done it yet but, it *should* be simple and inexpensive :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.