Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
The only downside I see to the CRZ is parts scarcity will rear its ugly head. For now almost every part I couldnt get through say hondapartsnow, I was able to get brand new ordering direct to japan but my guess is that due to the numbers parts will dry out quickly and we will end up like the G1 Honda Insight guys fabricating and buying every parts car they can get their hands on (actually more common on there then I thought). Versus an accord or civic where parts issues arent as common. Having a 2016 I bought used and began restoring every part that was worn, the center arm rest was my awakening moment to parts being an issue. A reminder if hondapartsnow shows it as discontinued, so far direct japan ordering has been succesful.
Thanksfully the car ended his career recently in US and Japan, so it might keep going for a good 10 years for the MOST important parts, even if the price is outrageous.

For us in Europe, the last CRZ are from 2012, maybe just a few in 2013 but whatever, they are RARE ! Parts too !

· Registered
117 Posts
Tbh these cars had basically nonexistent marketing and they still made no sense when compared to the Insight and Fit and the sales were piss poor. On paper and in practice it was indeed a failure. But his outright dismissal of the car based on nostalgia for the original CRXs is not deserved. I have a 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si. It's way slower and (in stock form at least) handles way worse than a CR-Z in stock form. At least for the US market our CRXs barely revved past 6500. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's better. However, it is much lighter and in theory much more capable when modded correctly.

He hasn't been funny or really relevant since 2016. I used to find his videos fun and interesting but now he just drones on basically narrating Wikipedia articles. I guess his most cringey thing is referencing his strange fetishism in his videos. There's a dark rabbit hole to go down if you really wanna know more but I suggest you don't.

Most likely the owner bought it because it was much cheaper than comparable cars too and just dealt with the issues of driving a smaller car. I would volunteer my own car to have him look at it since mine has the supercharger which he touched on a single time and didn't care to look into at all or explain to the audience. But this guy hasn't really traveled much in a few years so that's highly unlikely.
Agree 100% with your comparisons having owned CRXs since the 1984 1.3, and up, until now owning a 2015 CRZ.

· Premium Member
'14 Energetic Yellow 6MT Panoroof Parking Sensors
137 Posts
Okay so I forced myself to watch it just to at least give it a chance.

Made it to 1:28 and rage quit. Is he seriously going to have one of his main bash points the fact it's a CVT? It's almost like he is totally unaware that there were transmission options for the car.

This is almost as bad as when Pistonheads stated 'not the best handling' as one of the standouts for the CR-Z recently. Like...seriously? You honestly think the CR-Z doesn't handle well?

· Registered
77 Posts
This is almost as bad as when Pistonheads stated 'not the best handling' as one of the standouts for the CR-Z recently. Like...seriously? You honestly think the CR-Z doesn't handle well?
Not sure what they mean, but maybe no one told them that the cheapest trash tyres from Wish are not the best options? (Handling is much more than that tho.) I'm curious what they would consider a good handling car then.

· Premium Member
'14 Energetic Yellow 6MT Panoroof Parking Sensors
137 Posts
Not sure what they mean, but maybe no one told them that the cheapest trash tyres from Wish are not the best options? (Handling is much more than that tho.) I'm curious what they would consider a good handling car then.
I think it's just the usual case of spoiled journos who drive £300k cars a bit too often and then don't how to acclimatise to a regular vehicle.

· Registered
9 Posts
The only downside I see to the CRZ is parts scarcity will rear its ugly head. For now almost every part I couldnt get through say hondapartsnow, I was able to get brand new ordering direct to japan but my guess is that due to the numbers parts will dry out quickly and we will end up like the G1 Honda Insight guys fabricating and buying every parts car they can get their hands on (actually more common on there then I thought). Versus an accord or civic where parts issues arent as common. Having a 2016 I bought used and began restoring every part that was worn, the center arm rest was my awakening moment to parts being an issue. A reminder if hondapartsnow shows it as discontinued, so far direct japan ordering has been succesful.
About the center arm rest. I did find this knockoff on Amazon. No idea of it's quality and it takes forever to ship.

· Registered
216 Posts
About the center arm rest. I did find this knockoff on Amazon. No idea of it's quality and it takes forever to ship.

The 2016 is unique in that it has an armrest from factory, I think they sold a little over 3000 2016's here which makes some of its parts difficult. That one linked fits all other years though.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts