Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ha! Yes. Here in UK that would suit a CR-Z.
I guess it is an Irish plate which confuses things even more. UK plates are very odd if you go back a few years but we never had a Z in them and also if there were 4 numbers we only had 2 letters.
I had FT9317 on my first car. That was a 1956 Austin a35.

·
Super Moderator
5,793 Posts
In UK do the plates stay with the car when sold? I presume the plates are Country wide as opposed to US where each state has their own plates.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oh....stuwil22
Someone might give you a couple of hundred if they spot the post but there are not many of us in UK.
I'll give you 80 if your stuck.
It would be nice to introduce yourself and tell us what the plate is off etc.

Reactions: Spdbump

·
Registered
151 Posts
In UK do the plates stay with the car when sold? I presume the plates are Country wide as opposed to US where each state has their own plates.
Yes mate, 99% of the time.
We can purchase either 'timeless' plates like this one or plates which are 'older' than the car and add a bit of 'personification'
It is explained here

:) apart from pre 1962 and dateless ones :(

Reactions: litz and Spdbump

·
Super Moderator
5,793 Posts
I have lived in a few US States and in most the plates belong to the owner so when car is sold plates come off and cannot usually be transferred to another owner. The only exception here of places I have lived is California where the plates stay with the car.

All kinds of strange laws all over the world like we learned about the one set of plates multiple vehicles in Sweden I believe. I like to learn the rules in different places.

Thank you.

Yes mate, 99% of the time.
We can purchase either 'timeless' plates like this one or plates which are 'older' than the car and add a bit of 'personification'
It is explained here

:) apart from pre 1962 and dateless ones :(

·
Super Moderator
5,793 Posts
Oh....stuwil22
Someone might give you a couple of hundred if they spot the post but there are not many of us in UK.
I'll give you 80 if your stuck.
It would be nice to introduce yourself and tell us what the plate is off etc.
Might want this moved to the UK specific part of the Forum instead of classifieds. Most members here are in the US, unfortunately. If this posting needs or should be moved let me know and i can help :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, please Spdbump. I’ll be honest I’m an imposter on this forum, I’m a vw fan at heart (hopefully this won’t be met with any hostility!).

I bought the number plate a few weeks ago for my wife’s car, in Northern Ireland repeat numbers are more desirable than random numbers. However, the very next day I got talking to a taxi driver at a filling station and bought a better plate off his car.

This plate is now surplus to requirements, it was only after I bought it that I noticed the relevance of the letters. I thought it particularly nice for a CR-Z as the 2s almost look like a continuation of the Z.

·
Premium Member
5,936 Posts
...I’ll be honest I’m an imposter on this forum, I’m a vw fan at heart (hopefully this won’t be met with any hostility!).
This plate is now surplus to requirements, it was only after I bought it that I noticed the relevance of the letters. I thought it particularly nice for a CR-Z as the 2s almost look like a continuation of the Z.
Ahhh, my first car was a '61 VW with a full sized fabric/sliding sun roof. Loved that car, but it was just my first, so my heart has been pledged to Honda since my (second car) '75 Civic CVCC. Thanks for dropping in and sharing the story. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts