Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my CR-Z came back from getting supercharged at King Motorsports it no longer has any regen braking whatsoever. It does still charge when applying slight throttle on the highway or on slow, straight roads. However, now it seems to charge when it shouldn't. Now it seems to charge when the clutch pedal AND brake pedal are depressed. It doesn't matter which gear it is in or if it's in neutral. Only that the clutch pedal is depressed. Also, there are NO warning lights of any kind. The ECU was reflashed using Ktuner V 1.2 just in case that's something to consider.

I asked King about this and they said they're going to go through the service manual to check for any potential leads on what it could be but as of now it still has no normal regen braking. Kinda frustrating considering how much money I dumped into it. :/ There are other threads about similar issues but nothing about regen when the clutch pedal is depressed.

·
Registered
699 Posts
We need more detail and info.

What year/spec etc is the car? Lithium/Nimh?
What is still working? IMA Start? Assist? Sport/Normal/Eco modes?
How far have you driven it since the conversion?

I have no idea what wiring mods are required for a supercharger install. Can you elaborate on exactly what has been done?
Is there a wiring diagram for this or some instructions they have been following you can post?
If we don't know what has been changed or modified it's difficult to answer accurately.

The ECU was reflashed using Ktuner V 1.2 just in case that's something to consider.
Yes it is. Playing around with the ECU is always a potential danger.
One byte or bit in the wrong place in the memory and you can mess things up.
The commands being sent from the ECM to the IMA could be corrupted/reversed etc etc.

Have you tried a hard reset of the system. Disconnect 12v battery then reconnect after a minute.

They are almost certainly going to need an HDS to plug in and watch various IMA parameters to see what is going on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s a 2013 so it has a lithium pack. Manual transmission. Almost everything works completely fine. It uses energy to accelerate, all drive modes function as they should, IMA starts the car, and I’ve put maybe 5k miles on it since it was supercharged.

The final drive was changed to 4.928 with an MFactory unit. It also has a limited slip diff and a lighter HKS clutch and flywheel. Plus a full exhaust deleting both cats.

The only other thing that doesn’t work is the Sport+ button. It’d be nice if it did work but I don’t really care about it that much.

·
Registered
699 Posts
The final drive change is likely the problem, it has been documented before on here.

It screws up the regen system due to a mismatch in the speed/rpm/shaft readings IIRC.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have used a flashpro for the fit cam swap and have no side effects whatsoever so it most likely is your final drive change

I think i asked you about regen when you posted your thread initially, did you notice it stopped regen braking immediately after all the work was done or is it more recent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts