Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts
Good to know.. How about the head? How much was that.

I'm pretty sure it's said already on the forum about the GE8 fit head, but now you're the only one I know so far w/ a turbo and that head. I'm truly interested in seeing the results with that. (I want to do that after all :p )

Liking how things are going though... Hmm.

Discussion starter · #83 ·
You can pick up the GE8 heads for around 2-300 off of Ebay. I got mine from another forum member. Or your local salvage yard if they have imports. I just picked it up since it was quickly available. If I actually use it will be another story. The ultimate goal of my build is maximum power while retaining as much mpg's as I can, and a lot of that happens in the LEA head. I'm still averaging 36-40 depending on how I drive with the turbo. (Calculated with fuelly app, not the dash display. Changing injector sizes messes with the cars ability to do that.)

Over the weekend I installed FGB (Go Fast Bits) stage III boost controller. In the process of tuning that in.

Discussion starter · #84 ·

GFB controller installed.

Haven't really played with it yet since it's raining. The big seller on this for me was the ability to set a AFR cut, which hooked right into my prosport AFR gauge via 5.0v line. Turns off the boost if I go to lean.

Biggest drawback is I had to run a vac line into the cabin. Prosport gauge was all electronic.

I'm guessing the difference in vac reading is a 6ft line vs a 18" line.

Also, trying this mount location. Going to make it pretty this week.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.