Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

· Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Officially For Sale! What ever I currently owe on the loan its yours! KBB is $22,000 and I owe right there on it!

email me: [email protected] do not send me a PM, I rarely check them.

Well it seems to be the theme to post up a build thread. I was thinking of doing one anyway because I want to keep track for myself what is going on with the car. So Here goes nothing.

Current Mods List:

Exterior:
AMP'D Emblems Extreme Blue Front H
Carbon Fiber Wrapped Hood
Carbon Fiber Wrapped Roof
Tein Springs
Hyper Black 17x7.5 +45 Drag DR-42
215/45/17 Continental Extreme Contact DWS Tires
20mm H&R Spacers for Rear wheels
Red PW JDM Extended Lugs
Honda Performance Front Carbon Lip
Honda Performance Rear Spoiler
35% Window Tint
6000K HID Converted Fog Lights
6000K HID Headlights
LED High Beams
Switchback LED Turn Signals
LED Reverse Lights
LED Rear Turn Signals
Blue LED lighting in front / rear grill
Blue LED lighting under headlights
Blue Varad Underbody LED kit
Honda Mud Guards
Carbon Fiber Honda Logo Inserts
De-badged
PW JDM Rear Tow Hook Red
Mugen License Frame
Red PW JDM License Bolts
3A Convex Blue Side Mirrors

Interior / ICE:
Memphis Audio Custom Stereo System:
Clairon NX501 - Source unit (BT, DVD, Nav, and so on)
Alpine KTP-445 (45W x 4 RMS mini amp) - BTW best way to add a 4ch amp to your car hands down (no noise from RCA's)
Memphis Audio PR Series 6.5in Components (Front 15-PRS6V2)
Memphis Audio MR Series 6.75 Rear Coax Speakers
Memphis Audio C3 10in Sub
Fitted Sub Box (Tuned to 37hz)
Custom rear seat amp rack
Memphis Audio S Class Amp (16-SC2.120)
Crime Stopper (Fortress) FS-80 Touch Screen Alarm / Remote Start / 2 Way
Back up camera
7in LCD Monitor in Trunk
All Interior lighting swapped to blue LED's
Upgraded Blue under dash LED lighting
Spoon (blue) Wide View Rear View Mirror
CR-Z Door Sill Trim Kit (Carbon / Stainless)
Clazzio Black on Black Suede / Leather Seat Covers
Recovered Door Panels in Black Leather / vinyl material

Performance Mods / Under The Hood:
K&N Typhoon Intake Kit
Gain Status cat delete
Gain Status Exhaust
Wrinkle red painted intake cover
Kinetic HC800 Battery
PW JDM Fender Bolts Blue (38 of them)
PW JDM Battery Hold Down Red
PW JDM Oil Cap Red
PW JDM Fluid Sock
Mugen Radiator Cap 1.3

The day I got her:

Just a few days later, installed rims and tires:

And Rear spoiler:

· Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now more work to the audio system:

Added Navigation / DVD:

And a touch screen alarm / remote start:

PLANS:
Well this upcoming week we are making the following changes:
10in subwoofer is getting removed.
New 2.6 cubic foot vented box is being built where the top fold down section of the rear "seat" currently sits. This box will only take up a little bit of room into the trunk and a little bit into the back seat when built.
Memphis Audio C3 12in (mini Mojo) will be installed.

Future Plans:
K&N or similar intake kit
Added monitor for "Hater-vision / car shows"
PS3 installed somewhere, so I can have bluray and gaming
Coilovers or some sort of springs
Hood prop supports
Hopefully at some point a supercharger
Finish exhaust work
Some sort of full lip kit

· Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I got really bored today and when I stopped at Midland Plastics to get some plexi for the new stereo setup I grabbed a 1/2in round stick of clear polycarbonate rod. I took apart a blue mini-maglight, a 194 light bulb holder, and used a super bright 12 LED blue light. Made a little mount and bam, custom hood prop. Something different. Saw it done at a show a while back and I made it work. Total cost: $5.10

More updated under hood pics:

And updated system pics. we ended up going with a 10in Memphis C3 and not the 12's because we wanted it to fit nicely under the cargo cover.

Starting of build:

Daytime finished, as you can see the CRZ logo looks like brushed aluminum.....

Night Time Lit Up!

7in Monitor added to rear (7-7-11)

On Another note, the K&N and a bunch of my PW JDM bolts are installed.... can you find all 18 of them?

Here is a hint:

· Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You really should do suspension next.
I know, but here is the thing. I live in Iowa, its a daily driver, and we get a ton of snow in the winter. I already may plow the way it is. The other part of it is everything you do to lower the car makes it ride rougher than stock. I really don't want that. So once I can find an affordable spring that rides like stock, only drops about .5in or so or a really nice affordable coilover that rides like stock I don't want to do it. Suggestions welcome of course. I had really nice JIC coilovers on my STi and they rode almost if not better than stock, but lowered the car really nice and firmed up well for the track.

· Registered
173 Posts
I know, but here is the thing. I live in Iowa, its a daily driver, and we get a ton of snow in the winter. I already may plow the way it is. The other part of it is everything you do to lower the car makes it ride rougher than stock. I really don't want that. So once I can find an affordable spring that rides like stock, only drops about .5in or so or a really nice affordable coilover that rides like stock I don't want to do it. Suggestions welcome of course. I had really nice JIC coilovers on my STi and they rode almost if not better than stock, but lowered the car really nice and firmed up well for the track.
Exactly the reason I hesitate to lower mine as well. Living in the midwest isn't exactly conducive to driving a lowered car as a daily.

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
Exactly the reason I hesitate to lower mine as well. Living in the midwest isn't exactly conducive to driving a lowered car as a daily.
Yea - if the CR-Z is your only ride and live in an area where the winters are (or can be) extreme - would not recommend lowering.

I keep a cheep-ass Sx4 for the winters (the thing will climb a tree with snow tires). The CR-Z stays parked when roads have snow and ice.

· Registered
1,829 Posts
I've been very happy with the ride on the Tein SuperStreets! You can always spend a couple hours and swap back to stock springs/struts going in to winter.

· Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There is a tube connected to the rubber funnel that goes to the air box. On the bottom. Take it out, plug the hole. Bam your done. Better air flow, little more grunt, and about 1mpg better fuel Econ. You can take out the tank for the silencer by removing driver side tire and fender liner. It's big! Look at the AEM intake directions. Shows how.

· Registered
210 Posts
There is a tube connected to the rubber funnel that goes to the air box. On the bottom. Take it out, plug the hole. Bam your done. Better air flow, little more grunt, and about 1mpg better fuel Econ. You can take out the tank for the silencer by removing driver side tire and fender liner. It's big! Look at the AEM intake directions. Shows how.
Didn't think about this. This will be my project for later on tomorrow or tonight then. I like additional MPG :)

1 - 20 of 188 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.