Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've seen in pics (now down) a red hazard button. Is this for EDM/JDM vehicles? If so, which vendor wants to sell me one?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I can't believe you actually want one of those things. When I see the photos of them, it makes me happy that I don't have to look at that every day.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
the JDM/EDM red hazard button is awesome... i would much prefer that one over the stock black button...

what makes it different fortune?? and did you buy one for a LHD CR-Z?? since you said it fit upside down, i can only conclude that you bought the JDM RHD button... i can't see what Honda would do to make the buttons different...

·
Registered
264 Posts
the JDM/EDM red hazard button is awesome... i would much prefer that one over the stock black button...

what makes it different fortune?? and did you buy one for a LHD CR-Z?? since you said it fit upside down, i can only conclude that you bought the JDM RHD button... i can't see what Honda would do to make the buttons different...

yeah i bought a jdm button, if they make them for usdm models thats news to me. The button is different depending on which radio you have. The nav button is different from the regular radio button. The button I got is a bit off centered, so despite efforts to mix and match between the two, there wasn't any way to get it to fit right side up. I installed mine and left it in, other than the logo on the button being upside down, it fits the same as the stock usdm version. When we get it back from SEMA we will look into it a bit more, we were strapped for time so we just let it ride, I hope that doesnt make me a JDM ricer!

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
yeah i bought a jdm button, if they make them for usdm models thats news to me. The button is different depending on which radio you have. The nav button is different from the regular radio button. The button I got is a bit off centered, so despite efforts to mix and match between the two, there wasn't any way to get it to fit right side up. I installed mine and left it in, other than the logo on the button being upside down, it fits the same as the stock usdm version. When we get it back from SEMA we will look into it a bit more, we were strapped for time so we just let it ride, I hope that doesnt make me a JDM ricer!
you should look into getting the button from a LHD Euro-spec CR-Z... those are identical to the USDM ones except for the obvious differences like the hazard button and they get push start also :angry:

here, for your viewing pleasure...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't believe you actually want one of those things. When I see the photos of them, it makes me happy that I don't have to look at that every day.
Why not? I happen to like it more.

you should look into getting the button from a LHD Euro-spec CR-Z... those are identical to the USDM ones except for the obvious differences like the hazard button and they get push start also :angry:

here, for your viewing pleasure...

That's good to know that LHD euros have the same button, just red. Are you sure about it, before I search for one? Looks like it, but that's just not enough info for me to buy one confidently.

To the poster that bought one- Which radio do you have? Navi or non? I have Navi and I'm wondering if it'll work.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's a picture of a UK non-nav.
View attachment 702
The hazard button is a little lower than on the navi, so far as i can tell.
In that pic it looks like it's part of the stereo. Definitely different than navi models.

·
Registered
208 Posts
In that pic it looks like it's part of the stereo. Definitely different than navi models.
Well, the stock stereo is built into a panel which is larger than the navi unit (which is a standard 2 din, I'm guessing). and yes, the hazard button is within the 2-din space (so a replacement stereo needs the navi surround)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.