Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently approached by one of my friend who just purchased a Honda CRZ and apparently the Honda dealership hack the crap out of the paint. He came to me and see if I could help him remove the RIDS and swirls that was done by the detailers from the dealership. Was able to only take a couple of pics. Sorry was not able to get all of the pics of the entire car as there was no daylight left.

Here's a picture that I took preparing for a test spot

This is what it looks like in the test spot

Here's a shot of the result of the test spot

Removed the test spot masking tape to show you a 50/50 of what the difference looks like

Tape half the hood down to do 50/50 shot of it

Here's the outcome after removing the masking tape and excess residue

Passenger side rear quarter panel

Finish Passenger side rear quarter panel

It was getting late and needed to give the car back to my client so here are some final shots of certain parts of the car I find awesome looking. The car's reflections look bananas.

Door shot

Hood Shot

Another hood shot from straight on

Hope you enjoy reading through this as I enjoyed writing this for you guys.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
unfreakin believable. luckily i don't have swirls yet...or they're hard to see on PWP. i've waxed once, and my company has a car wash come out every third week. the guy uses a pressure cleaner and microfiber cloths to clean. i assume this is ok. i will wax after every other visit (i.e., every six weeks). that all sound ok? i want my car to stay looking like those pics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone for the compliments. As when what I used for this particular vehicle since it was only a polish I used:

2BM (2 Bucket Method) when washing the car
Clay bar before polishing
AW (Alcohol/Distilled Water) Wipedown
Menzerna Polish 203
Lake Country Green Pad
Machine Buffer

Probably left something else out. If any of you guys are local lemme know if you need me to do anything. I'm very reasonable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Should try to maintain it as much as you can with coats of wax and regular waxes to prevent it from getting worst. Try doing the two bucket method with grit guards so you can prevent minimal swirls as possible.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.