Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

161 - 180 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
I just have to share.

Took the CR-Z in to get an oil change and the recall done. Here are some of the things that the service advisor managed to say to me in the 2 minutes that I've spent with him:

- So, is that some kind of Acura? (I do have RSX wheels on mine)
- What is that recall for? (WTF)
- What kind of car is that? (WTFx10)
- It's an Insight, right? (WTF)
- I work here since 1997! (Answering my "Do you work here?" question)
- Oh, a CR-Z... Yeah, I've seen tons of them!

·
Registered
386 Posts
@zoltiz - Not to steal your thunder, but I just dropped off my baby and the dealer said:
- the update will take 4 hours. WTF?
- they are downloading the update from the internet. WTFx2?
- if the update doesn't take the first time, the car might not start. WTFx10?

Don't have a warm and fuzzy about this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's not likely that the actual update will take four hours. As the letter says, it'll probably actually take about 12 minutes. But the letter also says that for scheduling purposes, the dealer may want your car for a couple of hours.

I doubt they're downloading it from the internet, but from Honda servers, more likely an intranet system. It may be that they don't have a very fast data connection, and so it may take longer than other dealers for them to download the update. That might be part of why they want your car for such a long time.

Failure in the process of downloading the update is more likely than failure of applying the update to the vehicle computer. The likelihood of failure applying the update is probably very slim to none, unless you've done your own reprogramming of your vehicle computer.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm hoping others don't get the wrong idea thinking they can just bebop in and out of the dealer like I thought, that's all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just took mine in yesterday for the update. The service manager did say it COULD take up to 4 hours if it doesn't take the update the first time. I told him I'd wait an hour and if it was going to be more than that they could shuttle me back to work (love that this dealership does shuttles all day, not just morning/afternoon). It took exactly 40 minutes from the time I pulled in to the time I pulled out (so this includes check in and sign out), plus it was washed. So I don't know how long the update actually took.

This was my best experience ever with dealership service (this is my first Honda). I am glad I bought my car there and gave them the business.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also wanted to mention, some people had posted that their mpg was down and/or miles added. Mine had same mileage in/out, but the avg mpg on the MID definitely went down...so they probably had to run the engine, rev it, etc., burning a little gas in the process. Nothing else changed, autostop still works, etc.

·
Registered
332 Posts
About two years before production, Honda mentioned that when they produce their new sports hybrid, they'd be interested to see how it evolves, including new ideas from the aftermarket, which so far has been similar tuning products used on regular gas engines. They'll get a peek of what owners / tuners are doing to 6MT's with this recall, but no ground-breaking aftermarket ideas to date.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I also wanted to mention, some people had posted that their mpg was down and/or miles added. Mine had same mileage in/out, but the avg mpg on the MID definitely went down...so they probably had to run the engine, rev it, etc., burning a little gas in the process. Nothing else changed, autostop still works, etc.
The standard service procedure requires them to return the car with the IMA battery charged (by running the engine out of gear over 3000 rpm)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just got mine back from the dealer and it took them about 1 hr. Car seems to be normal without any loss of mpg from I can tell.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,414 Posts
I just purchased my car 2 days ago. Do you think Carmax did it themselves or should i Just take it to a Honda dealer to be safe?
Recommend calling the closest Honda service department and see if your ride is affected.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We get the letter also yesterday. @ monday we go to the dealer. Now they are re calling the CR-Z also in The Netherlands.

161 - 180 of 204 Posts