Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
If the main wipers are one (not in intermediate), does the rear wipe go on automatically? My wife asked me and I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
If the main wipers are one (not in intermediate), does the rear wipe go on automatically? My wife asked me and I wasn't sure.
You have to turn the rear wiper on at the end of the wiper stalk. It wipes for every 4 or 6 front wipes.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
I noticed this after the first rain we had after I got the car. Nice little feature!
Pretty quick for me. Rained the day i got it. Yep, nice feature.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
mine is definitley in the off position, and it still comes on as long as the front wipers are on and the car is in reverse.

also just noticed when front wipers are on intermittant and the car stops, like at a traffic light, it seems to double the time between intermittant swipes, and then makes a swipe as soon as you take your foot off the brake.

I had mine going about 1 swipe evey 4 seconds and everytime I stopped at a light it would wait 8 seconds between swipes, and give a "courtesy swipe" as soon as I took off even if it had just done it's normal swipe 1 second before.

who thinks of these little details? :think:
That's what i meant. I should have been more clear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok cool.. this happened earlier today and ive been trying to figure out why it was randomly turning on... but now im relieved to find out its a feature! :thumbsup:
So does anyone know how to disable this feature? Here's why: if I happen to have my bike rack on the car and forget to turn off the wipers before putting it into reverse... :cry: You get the idea.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Nice feature I didn't know the car had. Sort of like the hill assist. I didn't even notice it had it until about 2 months after buying the car when I was on a huge ass hill. Took me by surprise when I didn't roll back at all.

·
Registered
82 Posts
mine is definitley in the off position, and it still comes on as long as the front wipers are on and the car is in reverse.

also just noticed when front wipers are on intermittant and the car stops, like at a traffic light, it seems to double the time between intermittant swipes, and then makes a swipe as soon as you take your foot off the brake.

I had mine going about 1 swipe evey 4 seconds and everytime I stopped at a light it would wait 8 seconds between swipes, and give a "courtesy swipe" as soon as I took off even if it had just done it's normal swipe 1 second before.

who thinks of these little details? :think:
I also just noticed the speed change with intermittent wipers based on car speed (or at least stopped vs. moving). That along with the rear wiper in reverse are pretty clever features.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Somewhat off topic:

Another thing to remember is that reverse will continue to use the throttle map of whatever driving mode you're in. For folks that don't frequently drive in sport, if you wind up using reverse in sport mode, it can be considerably more sprightly than what you're accustomed to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.