Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2014 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading the posts on rear wiper deletes. Couldn't find the following info.

What is the part number for the interior trim panel without the bulge for the wiper motor?
Seen here in a UK CR-Z:
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Vehicle

Compared to the NA spec CR-Z:
Vehicle Personal luxury car Rim Automotive design Tints and shades

What is the rough weight of the motor and wiper arm?
What is the effect on MPG / aero, if anyone knows off the top of their head?

Thinking I'll also remove the sharkfin antenna as I never use FM/AM radio anyways.
I'll leave the rear washer tho cus it's fun.

· Premium Member
9,067 Posts
The weight savings and Aerodynamics are minimal, and the wiper is helpful in some situations. I even went for a longer one. The antenna is very hard to obtain, and removing it will make the next owner of your car have a lot of trouble. You may want to use the radio sometime in the future. Removing it seems kind of ridiculous and is one of the things that makes the car look unique. But your car, your choices. It is a lot of work to remove that antenna you have to remove most of the interior to get to the nut that holds it, for instance, and then you have a hole in the roof which can cause corrosion and leaks. Rear washer is fun? I like the fact I have a rear wiper and a washer. I have driven other hatch backs that did not have that feature and an older car I had with a rear wiper and washer, I had to spend a lot of time and money to repair the washer. The washer is also a hole though the body that if eliminated can cause corrosion.

In summary, why bother? The interior part is very rare and hard to get in the US, and I think most who did the wiper delete did not go that far.

There are more useful things you can spend money on if you want to spend money.

· Registered
2014 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The antenna is very hard to obtain, and removing it will make the next owner of your car have a lot of trouble.
There won't be a next owner unless it gets stolen from me ha.
I think the rear trim panel lines up with the blacked out portion in the glass so if i were to replace it I'd still see that. Perhaps i should also get an EU back glass too 🤔

· Premium Member
9,067 Posts
There won't be a next owner unless it gets stolen from me ha.
I think the rear trim panel lines up with the blacked out portion in the glass so if i were to replace it I'd still see that. Perhaps i should also get an EU back glass too 🤔
IMO Waste of money to remove something the car came with for no good reason but your car your money.

Have fun.

· Registered
461 Posts
I deleted my rear wiper, and so have a number of others on here. its a delicate job, theres several stages where you could mistakenly shatter your rear glass, use the right tools and caution.
I dont see a point in sourcing the alternate trim panel, the glass itself and the defogger will be blackened out in that same area, and you'll see the underside of your hole plug.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts