Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a proud new CR-Z owner; EX CVT PWP. The lack of rear view concerns me and I have been caught off guard a few times while driving.
Any fix out there such as rear video or aftermarket rear mirror upgrades I can consider?
Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had certain things installed on my car when I bought it. Heated leather seats, sunroof, and a backup camera namely. I cant remember the make, but they replaced the stock rear view mirror with a day/night auto dimming and compass included backup camera model. The camera is housed by the license plate and the backup camera appears in the rear view mirror when you put the shifter into reverse. It works great both day and night. I want to say it was around $500 or so including installation, but your price may vary. I got one because the shop owner is a veteran and I am too. I will find the name and repost it later. Your best bet is to find someone who installs these where you live and have them do it directly. DO NOT GO THROUGH THE DEALER. They will nearly double the price.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
I am a proud new CR-Z owner; EX CVT PWP. The lack of rear view concerns me and I have been caught off guard a few times while driving.
Any fix out there such as rear video or aftermarket rear mirror upgrades I can consider?
Thanks!
Congrats and welcome to the Forum. There are a few threads here on the blind spot issue. The primary fix is to adjust your driver side mirror outward to just beyond where you can see the side of your car. Will fill the gap.

But, the best fix is to just get used to it and look twice or maybe thrice when merging to the right.

They don't fit if you have the optional day/night/compass rear view mirror, but on all my previous cars I used a convex mirror like this one;

Amazon.com: Razo RG21 10.6" Black Frame Wide Angle Convex Rear View Mirror - Pack of 1: Automotive

But, due to the frame of the CR-Z, don't think it would help that much... Others may weigh in..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.