Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

It has been a while; however, I am seeking advice.

My rear torsion beam bushings are on their way out, I have searched for aftermarket parts and i have been told about a company in Canada. Here is the website:

https://siberianbushing.com/part/7-06-3204

Has anyone fitted these to a CRZ? I refuse to pay Honda £1300.

I have also been told that the bushings on the MK8 Civic are the same? Can anyone confirm. The above company could not confirm compatibility If this is the same i would contact a company in the UK as i live in Belfast.

All help would be great.

Many thanks,

Carl

·
Registered
397 Posts
I found a wrecked CRZ and got the whole rear torsion beam for $100 with calipers, rotor and wheel bearings. I swapped the whole torsion beam for a reason other than the bushings. But there is another idea if you want to pursue it. Took me about an hour in my garage to do the swap once everything was in the garage.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Hi all,

It has been a while; however, I am seeking advice.

My rear torsion beam bushings are on their way out, I have searched for aftermarket parts and i have been told about a company in Canada. Here is the website:

https://siberianbushing.com/part/7-06-3204

Has anyone fitted these to a CRZ? I refuse to pay Honda £1300.

I have also been told that the bushings on the MK8 Civic are the same? Can anyone confirm. The above company could not confirm compatibility If this is the same i would contact a company in the UK as i live in Belfast.

All help would be great.

Many thanks,

Carl
I've installed them on my CRZ. So did the only reviewer on amazon:

huge improvement honestly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all, thank you all for your responses. I have the measurements of the mounts now and I. Going to measure the fn2 bushings and see if they are 100% the same. Will let you know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm soon to have these, I just ordered them yesterday. Through numerous different threads and reviews, I suspect they will fit and give a better feel. I will post back with the experience of fitting them into the mount. I don't see it being anymore difficult than one could expect.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
So the strangest advantage I've noticed so far is the increased smoothness over bumps. More of the force goes into the rear shocks instead of the axle getting unsettled by twisting against the bushings.

I don't see it being anymore difficult than one could expect.
Get a reciprocating saw and a 6" blade that you will throw away at the end. cut the rubber out of the old bushing, then VERY CAREFULLY cut the outer shell of the old bushing.

then just take a big hammer and beat the new one in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts